Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What are the noises my ginny makes?

guinnythepig

Cavy Slave
She only does that, when I pick her out of the cage, and put on the laps, or just let her sit on the bed. She never does that while inside the cage for some reason. I tried to search the net for simmilar sounds, but couldn't find anything that sounds like that. Here is the sound:

[video=youtube_share;mqmhwpr7i7U]

I know she sounds very loud in the video, it's rare when it's loud like that. Normally the sound is much quiter. I just don't understand what she wants/needs/saying.

Anyone that can translate the piggy-language to me?

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
It just sounds like she is talking. My little Buddy does that all the time. Most guinea pigs do. You pet them and they squeak like that.

Squint96

Cavy Slave
I just played the video and my boys are squeaking back!

guinnythepig

Cavy Slave
Aw, so cute:)

Thank you for the info guys!.:)

Its just so strange, cuz she always seems so agitated whenever I pick her up and tries to escape and climb my shoulder, while making that noise. So i thougt maybe that noise is a sign of something, like fear or that she needs to pee... I just dont know, she never makes that noise when shes inside the cage, and when shes out she just goes crazy climbing me and looking agitated, so I thought that maybe that noise means something particular.. btw why does she climb my shoulder all the time? fear?:confused:

allycat

Cavy Slave
My pig makes the same noise. Usually when she is stretched out on me and relaxed so i am going to say it is because she is happy. If not then my piggy is never happy on me.

LaurenB16

Cavy Slave
Mine makes that sound too and I couldn't figure it out! At first I thought it was the happy chutting noise, but then I thought it was the agitated, annoyed noise... Yikes, they make so many different noises lol. I hope it means good things!

guinnythepig

Cavy Slave
its just so amazing how quickly she learned my "food" word and she can recognize it even if Im mention it accidently in a sentace, she instantly starts sqeaking, where as I still dont know what she means! Maybe some piggies make that noise when they are happy:) But mine always seems so agitated and nervous when she is outside her cage, always trying to run somewhere, so I can only wonder..:(

Sammiec4

Cavy Slave
Mine called back. That was cute. I too have a pig that insistes on talking right under my chin. Gives kisses too. I have to put her away while I talk shes so loud lol.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.