Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

i have a question

jojomuffin

Cavy Slave
im hoping to build a new c&c cage this week, in time for the arrival of a new guinea pig to go with my boar muffin.

i was told to partition the cage and keep them seperated..but this is where im getting confused.

the whole point of the c&c cage is that it is bigger, and neutral territory..surely if i section it off for a few weeks, the two pigs will get territorial on their own respective sides, so that when it comes to having them together, they will fight anyway because of the invasion of both their spaces by the other pig?!?!

its a brain boiler for me lol!

thanks in advance!

xjox

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
Hmmm...Good question. I've never had this problem-I have 2 store bought cages that I use for seperating piggies. I keep the 2 I will eventually put together in these cages so that the final and bigger C&C cage is new to both of them. I've only had to do this once though, it was successful, but not certain how everyone else would go about doing it.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I would suggest putting the new boar in a new cage for quarintining

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Yes, your current boar can still contract mites or other parasites easily as long as they can some how tough. I would suggest putting keeping them both in their separate cages for about two weeks and then introduce them to the C&C cage together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.