Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Start To My Boys' New Life!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Hello All,

Well, my piggies have finally gotten what they have deserved for so long. Toys, cuddle cups, fresh KM hay and pellets, a veggie variety twice daily, and most importantly, out of a pet store cage and into a 2x5 C&C. I just wanted to start a photo thread for my boys, so I can show them off. Wasn't sure where the place would be to do this, so hopefully I'm doing this on the right board. If not, I apologize. So here goes, my shameless thread to show off my piggers and their happy new lives.

The first pic is Bear's nose, peeking out from under a cuddle cup. They've never had them before, and I guess he doesn't quite get the concept yet. lol The next two pics are them having their first veggie time in their new home. And the last pic, is Tutter, after pigging out on KM's hay and pellets, LOL.

By the way, if you want to see full photos of the whole cage which just got built today, they're in the gallery. I'd really like ratings and feedback. But go easy, please, this is my first experience with C&C ever. I do hope I did good for my boys.

I don't have many current pigtures yet, because as I said, the cage just got built today. (Or well, I guess yesterday technically now, considering it's 2:15 A.M., hee hee.) But I hope to get lots more great shots of them in the days to come!

stubblychin
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

pignewton

Cavy Slave
The pic of the nose peeking out from under the cuddle cup is priceless !! Good job.

clotho

Cavy Slave
Wow you have done a great job!!! What cute piggies you have!!! Can't wait to see more pigtures!!!

I think your cage looks amazing. I only have one question. You left three grids out along the back of the cage - and I understand why - but how do you make sure the enclosure stays where it should? If it's missing grids, doesn't it slide around if the boys stand up and push on the sides? I was just concerned about that. Maybe you already thought about that and have it worked out - I just thought I'd mention it. My piggies get excited about veggies and they stand right up on their hind legs and put their paws against the grids and beg for food.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
Yay, that's such great news. I know you've been working on this setup, and it looks just fabulous. Thanks for the pigtures, they're adorable!

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
That is fantastic news! I am so glad that everything has worked out and that your boys now have a new home with heaps of accessories(sp?) and top quality hay. Congratulations!

socal805

Cavy Slave
Excellent Job! What a great cage you have built and I just LOVE all of the toys and other things you bought for your boys. They have plenty of comfy places to sleep and it looks like a great space for them to play in!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Oh I was so happy when I got on today and read all the positive comments, thank you so much everyone!!!

Stubblychin, I've seen a little running around and popcorning, but it never lasts for long before they get tired. It comes in short spurts. Keep in mind that they will be 5 years old end of this year, so they're senior citizens in the piggy world. But I can tell when my boys are happy, and they are definately happier already. :)

And clotho, yes I did think of that, which is why I did attach a grid to the back on either side of the cage, so it can't just slide forward if they lean on it when they hear veggies coming. And also, with there being two grids on top on the left side, which are connected to the one in the back over there, it seems plenty secure. (Hope that makes sense.) Thanks for asking! I was expecting someone to ask about that, and I'm glad I got the chance to explain what I did to keep it in place.

Well, Bear is still sleeping underneath the cuddle cups. Right now he is faced away from me and I can see his chubby hiney sticking out from under one of them. lol Tutter is getting the right idea, and has layed down in them a couple of times now. They're still investigating the fish, they seem to find it curious, LOL. So far, the favorite seems to be the crinkle tunnel, which I put back in after I got up today. I hope that they will learn to use all their new goodies. Gotta give them some time to figure it all out, though, I guess. I am at my computer most of the day, with my chair being right next to the cage. And I've got my camera nearby incase I see anything pigture worthy! So I hope to add more to this thread soon.

Any way, thanks again everyone, it's nice to hear positive comments. My family thinks it's just ridiculous for me to do so much for "rodents". I am so excited about making the piggers so happy, but I have no one to share in my excitement here. So I love the fact that I can come on here and share my joy with like-minded people. I think doing all this for them, actually made me happier than if I had bought something for myself, LOL!

Okay, novel over. Sorry for such a long post.

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
The first pic is what I was looking at when I sent that last post. What a view, eh? :silly:

And in the second pic, today is a freakishly nice day outside, it's been around 70, so I've got my window open a few inches. And Tutter is smelling the fresh air. (He loves fresh air.)

clotho

Cavy Slave
ok great Love4Piggers - I'm glad you had already thought about that issue and took steps to make it safe. I thought you might have!!

You are a great piggie parent! I know what you mean about not being able to share your excitement about your piggies with the people around you. I am lucky I have friends who will listen to me go on and on about my piggies - but they really don't "get it" like the people on here.

Keep sharing your pigtures and your excitement with us!! We love it!!!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
I had 3 photos in the gallery removed today, and I have no idea why. One was a top view of my new cage, so you could see the inside, the other two were in the "Supplies" category. I'm really sad that the photo I posted of the inside of my new cage that I've been so proud of was deleted. I wrote to the moderator and asked what I was doing wrong, but have any of you had photos deleted? Do you know what might possibly be the reason(s) why? I looked over all of the possible reasons that were in the e-mails I received, and I don't believe that any of them apply. I just want to know so I can change whatever it is I'm doing wrong, so I can get more photos of my cage in the gallery without being deleted. Thanks for any info.

piggiesinpa

Cavy Slave
When I got my boys their cuddle cups, they did that exact 'let's hide under it' thing. They just didn't get the concept at first. I had to show them how to sit in it and now they love them. So cute!

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
You should photoshop something in that pigture of Tutter so it looks like he's looking at something funny. lol

Thanks for the extra pics! I'm not sure why some of them were deleted, though...I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll find out.

ortal

Cavy Slave
Your little guys are adorable, its nice that they get along well. Good job!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Aww what cute little piggers. Very cute cuddly cup pics.

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,

I know it seems really stupid, but I want to cry over all the nice posts people have left here about my pigs and their new cage. You see, I am turning 25 this year; and I have been very ill since I was a teenager. I didn't finish high school, wasn't able to go to college, I am still living at home, and even if I was well, I am unable to have children due to a hormonal disorder I have had since I was a teen. I don't have any friends either, because, well, that would take a while to explain. But any way, my point is, my animals are my world. They're what makes me decide to keep going on with this life. So the support and encouragement I receive from this board means more to me than you know.

And back to the real topic at hand: PIGTURES :)

Well, as day 3 in their new environment comes to a close, they are finally learning to use some of the accessories properly! I must admit, though, I have been trying different things to help them figure things out a little quicker. lol Neither of them would go in the fishy, and Tutter would just kind of shove it around with his nose like it was this big nuisance he wasn't sure what to do with, LOL. So I took a small piece of banana, (one of their fav. foods, unfortunately so, because they can't have it very often,) showed it to them, then stuck it in the back in the inside of the fishy. Well, let's just say they figured out rather quickly how to get inside of it, hee hee. And as for the cozies, I copied what piggiesinpa said, and started showing them how to use them today. Whenever I would hold one of them, when I was putting them back, I would put them in one of the cuddle cups. Same with the chair. I gently set Tutter in the chair, then continued petting him for a minute until he was relaxed. Then he just layed down in the chair like, "Hey, this is pretty nice." lol

And like I say it's day 3, and I am amazed at the fleece. I am just loving it. I hoover up the poos once a day with my little handheld vac, and then before bed I spot clean some by hand. And I felt around on the fleece today, and it's dry! The pee really does seem to go right through, it's amazing, and I love that my pigs are on a soft dry material. I have two layers of fleece, then underneath is 4 layers of towels, and a crib mattress pad at the very bottom. Also, there's no smell, and it's so much cuter than Aspen, hehe. And the boys seem to love the feel of the fleece. Often times I catch them just laying out on the fleece in the open.

So here are a few new pics, of them getting comfy in their new pad!

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Looks like Tutter has a hard life, sprawled out on the chair! Guinea pigs can be so funny, can't they? I love your guinea pigs, they are so cute. It sounds like I have a pig-napping job to do today! *Toddles off to go and book a flight*

I am sorry that you are unwell and have been for such a long time. Hopefully things will go your way soon. You are a great example of how a determined and loving person can turn their guinea pigs lives around, hopefully that can happen with your illness too.

tpals

Cavy Slave
That fish is a favorite of my boys too. So glad to see how happy all your pigs are in their new digs. I've got cuddle-cup envy now!

AmberEyedPiggy

Cavy Slave
Those pigtures are so cute!!! I love them! I love your piggies!!!I am so glad you are such a piggy lover! Your piggies are so lucky to have such a wonderful piggy owner...And I know what you mean...My piggies are the world to me too...So I totally understand you! Keep your chin up and be happy!Thanks for sharing the photos!

Love4Piggers

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much once again everyone!!

They are really getting settled in nicely, they are already becoming so spoiled, oh my are they getting used to this new lifestyle!! They even popcorn and run around a little sometimes, and given their age that is pretty amazing to me. And the first 3 days, they were really scared of the vaccuum (sp?) and would huddle up together in the corner farthest away looking frightened. So I decided to start making the vaccuuming connected to their evening veggies. I get the veggies all ready and they hear the bags rustling and smell the fresh veggies and know what's coming, then I set the veggie bowls down in my room, and vaccuum. I just started the veggie/vaccuum thing Wednesday, and already on Thursday, Tutter had it figured out; and suddenly, all fear of the vaccuum was gone. I had it on and was hoovering up the poos, and Tutter walked right up to it and started following it around closely, and wheeking and wheeking, and as soon as I finished, he expected veggies pronto! LOL. I think Bear wasn't quite so scared of it today, though not as bold as Tutter. But that doesn't surprise me, as Tutter is the dominant pig, and very bold with pretty much everything. Plus Bear always seems to be a bit slower than Tutter. (But don't tell him that. :shhh:)

The fishy is quickly becoming a favorite, especially with Tutter, who has spent about half the day in it today. But he unfortunately seems to think it's a nice and private little place to do his business in. :rolleyes: Every time he comes out, I have to empty out the poos, and I put a washcloth on the bottom to catch his tinkle. But I kind of expected this, I mean they are boys after all, hee hee. So no biggie, just as long as everything gets cleaned or washed regularly. Boys will be boys! lol

And, of course, a couple more pigtures. I could show them off forever. Hope you're not sick of them yet, LOL.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.