Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Best type of Fleece to use?

Wolfiemix

Cavy Slave
What is a great fleece to use? I have been sewing by hand and machine with antipill plush fleece, but I recently got a solid fleece from hobby lobby just marked as solid color fleece. It seems to be blizzard or polar fleece? It is different than my anti pill I get at Joanns. I like it too, much more that my antipill.

Also, anyone know of fleece best for machines? I have a babylock zeal and it is ok with my fleece but the fleece is sometimes to thick if there are several layers to move through the machine and get sewed.

So images are added of things I have made :D
I'm still a beginner so the finished products aren't perfect. I plan to start and Etsy shop. :)

Lol the drip pads middle square to hold the inner liner in place is so off but I like it. I made a cuddle sack, fleece forest, and drip pad. I will be keeping all because I like them to much and they are very imperfect and unable to be sold anyway.

Drive link cuz image uploading not working:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JKk-sXBpMe6agcPLWB_SMz3Lw5WTOtvZ?usp=sharing

Attachments

20211109_182244.jpg 20211108_215321.jpg 20211109_182249.jpg 20211109_182258.jpg
I love your sewing projects! I use the anti-pill plush fleece from Joann Fabrics. It's a little thicker than the regular anti-pill, and a little silkier in texture than the blizzard fleece. So it washes well, colors and prints stay bright, and the hay doesn't stick as much as the other fleece.

I don't make large liners for my cage, I just throw the fleece over washable incontinence pads. It's easier to wash and dry when they aren't sewn together. However, I do make wee pads using a fleece layer, and microfiber towel or lightweight kitchen towel in the middle, and a woven fabric layer. The fleece is nice for bedding, and the woven size is nice for a hay pile. I also make little awnings with tabs that snap in the corner of the cage.

Check the remnant bin for bargains at Joann. Remnants are 50% off the current price. So if fleece is on sale, the remnant is 50% off the sale price.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.