Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello, I’m new to the forum and guinea pig life in general!

Brynleebby

Cavy Gazer
To introduce my guinea pigs, I originally bought two guinea pigs two months ago, one that is white and brown (Nora) and the other that is yellow, white and brown (Coco), from a teenage breeder (bad decision). Their stomachs started growing really fast and we decided to take them to the vet to get a basic check-up. We were told that they were both pregnant and had came to us with ringworm. Weeks later, on my birthday, the first mama gave birth to three adorable babies (two were double-colored and one was tri-colored), Coco! The next day, Nora gave birth to two wonderful tri-colored babies! Unfortunately one of the babies that Coco had passed away from an unknown reason a few days after being born. The baby had gooey stuff that caused both of its eyes to close up. A few days later one of Nora’s babies passed away from what we think was blindness and a tooth-problem combined. Now we have Coco, two of her babies (one has two colors and the other has three), Nora, and one of Nora’s babies! They are currently living in a home made enclosure but we have C & C grids coming in the mail later this month!

Coco on the left hand side and Nora on the right!

Nora with her babies (the one on the nearest right hand side passed away).

Coco with her babies (the one at the bottom of the line of 3 babies passed away).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Aww, I’m so sorry! It must be so heartbreaking to lose two baby guinea pigs. If you ever have any questions, you can ask us.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.