Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection Fungal infection?

acefebreze

Cavy Slave
Hey all,

Is this a fungal infection?

The dime-sized black spot is originally from when he was bitten by his cagemate before I adopted him, but he has since been to the vet and finished a round of antibiotics. The vet told me that I should look out for a fungal infection in the area, which is why I started applying clotrimazole cream twice daily on the black spot. However, I'm still not 100% certain it's a fungal infection.

Any advice/comments is appreciated. Thanks!

Fungal infection?Fungal infection?Fungal infection?

It doesn't look fungal to me, but it could be. It looks more "warty" than it does like an infection.

Could it just be a scab from the bite? Does there seem to be an infection underneath it? Did the vet have you flush the bite as well as give antibiotics?

It doesn't look fungal to me, but it could be. It looks more "warty" than it does like an infection.

Could it just be a scab from the bite? Does there seem to be an infection underneath it? Did the vet have you flush the bite as well as give antibiotics?

I agree. After thinking about it some more, I think it's most likely a scab from the bite since there doesn't seem to be an infection underneath it. The organization I adopted the guinea pig from was actually the one who had him seen by the vet, and they made no mention of flushing the bite in conjunction with administering antibiotics, so I'm not sure on that regard.

I'll keep a closer look on the little guy and continue applying the clotrimazole, just in case it turns out to be a fungal infection.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.