Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump small bump on guinea pig back leg

RoboLover24

Cavy Slave
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on here, but today I noticed a very small bump on my guinea pig's leg. I looked around for people who have seen something similar and I couldn't find any (at least in my quick search). The bump is on her back leg and that is the only one I could find on her body. She has been eating normally and drinking normally, but her stools have been a little loose. I did recently move her from one room to another and into a different cage, so I think the loose stools could definitely be from stress in moving environments and not from the bump. I can take her to the vet, I just wanted to see if anyone has had anything similar with their guinea pigs so I could get an idea of what it may be, and whether it's a big deal or not. Thanks everyone!!
I tried my best to take a photo and insert it here... the bump is kinda hard to see since it's in such a difficult area to photograph.
gp leg bump.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
A closer-up, better-lit photo would help.

It could be a wart, a sebaceous cyst, a lymphoma, or any number of other things. Only a vet would be able to tell you for sure. But lumps like that are not usually serious. That doesn't mean you should ignore it, just that it's not an emergency.

Is it soft or hard? Easily movable under the skin, or firmly attached to something underneath it?

RoboLover24

Cavy Slave
Thanks! I’m not too worried about it being urgent. It is pretty soft, but it seems to be only superficial. Like it is attached to the skin, not anything under the skin. When I move the skin, it moves with the skin. I tried taking better photos, if that helps.
B5399FA6-33C1-4D69-A5E7-4EF198278391.jpg
CF2D6F3C-22AF-46C6-9552-E2DC4AFE7DCC.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.