Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Getting Chesnut a brother

chestnut

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone!
So, I've had my boar, Chesnut, for about 2 months now. I know how important it is for guinea pigs to have them a playmate and sibling, so I'm planning on getting him a brother in the next couple of weeks. Right now, Chestnut's cage is a 2x3 C&C cage, but I will be expanding it sometime this week to a 3x4 or 3x5 cage. So far, with what research I've done, I know to get a younger boar. Chesnut's personality is a bit skittish, and so I'm afraid that when the other boar gets older, that the two won't get along. I know to quarantine and keep them separated until I know that the new guinea is healthy, and I know to give them both lots of neutral space for the initial introduction.
Will the 3x5 C&C be big enough for 2 boars? And are there any tips and tricks that you can give to someone who's still learning the guinea pig momma ways? I would really appreciate it!

A 3x5 will be fine for two boars.

The age of the boars doesn't matter nearly as much as the personality. You might do better with an older, calmer boar rather than a youngster whose personality is as yet undetermined.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.