Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play What are the best toys?

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
I have two baby boys.

I recently put together a bigger cage for them, and kept everything i had so far.

One thing I am conflicted about is TOYS AND PLAY STUFF!!!

Where do I START? What is the best toy or what would interest them to play?
Chew toys? Chasing toys? Tunnels?

any suggestions or recommendations are welcome :D i am a 100% newb cavy mom....anything helps!

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
A favorite are always tunnels! Anything to run through/hide in. I like those hay ball things they sell where they roll them around the cage while they eat as well. May not create a lot of exercise for them but still entertaining!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I have a whiffle ball the size of a baseball with holes all around. I cut up peppers and carrots and put them inside and my guinea pigs rolls it around to get the veggies. I also have a cat treat ball with adjustable openings that I put pellets in and she rolls it around. Here is a link to the treat ball:
(broken link removed)

JaneD85

Cavy Slave
They love tunnels, make sure each has their own too. Other play stuff that will probably delight them are woven grass play balls, small hammocks (yes, these exist), and chewing hanging toys.

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
They love tunnels, make sure each has their own too. Other play stuff that will probably delight them are woven grass play balls, small hammocks (yes, these exist), and chewing hanging toys.

I have seen the hammocks on amazon and other pet supply stores. just don't know if sizing is right because sometimes it looks super big then you get it in the mail and its smaller than what it showed.
Where is the best place to get hammocks? I think thats pretty fun!

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
I have a whiffle ball the size of a baseball with holes all around. I cut up peppers and carrots and put them inside and my guinea pigs rolls it around to get the veggies. I also have a cat treat ball with adjustable openings that I put pellets in and she rolls it around. Here is a link to the treat ball:
(broken link removed)

The whiffle ball is actually a pretty neat idea! I may have to steal that one!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.