Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Teeth Piggie teeth keep overgrowing

Carrie37

Cavy Slave
This is my situation, my guinea pig had a chipped tooth and his other teeth overgrew in the front. I had those teeth trimmed seeing they were severely overlapping and she also planed his molars. Less then a month later he ended up with a loose tooth on the top and overlapping teeth again. Back in he went to get the tooth pulled and fix his teeth again. His teeth still dont wear evenly as I had to take him back yet again to get his teeth trimmed and burr his molar spurs. He gets gassed every time and didnt do so well this last time. His new tooth is sorta growing in but its very yellow and hes still having overgrowing issues. How often can a pig be gassed and be ok? Does anyone know of another vet near watertown wi? Im lost as what to do for him.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I think your best bet would be to take your pig to an exotic vet in Milwaukee -- that seems to be the closest place to you that has exotic vets. He may have a jaw problem that's pulling his molars out of line and causing the continuing problem, and you need someone with experience in rodent dentistry to address that.

This may also have some info for you: https://www.guinealynx.info/teeth.html.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.