Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Teeth teeth issue, any ideas?

kyleerose

Cavy Slave
to start yes i am taking her to the vet tomorrow as soon as we can get in, and she is also eating her vegetables and hay as well as drinking water just as normal which is why i just noticed this problem today. behind her bottom teeth i pulled these out thinking she had some hay stuck in her gum/tooth, i realized they weren’t hay and she started to bleed a bit. there is still 2 shards like this hiding behind them but they would not come out easily so i’ve left them there. i think maybe she has extra teeth growing and those 2 are still rooted? very confused as i can’t find anything similar to this issue on google, and since i have to wait till tomorrow to find out from the vet i’m curious if anyone else has any ideas on what could be happening here.
teeth issue, any ideas?

okay interesting so this is relatively normal? she didn’t make any noises while i removed the first two seen in picture, nor did she when i tried to get the other one out, i will try again later as i don’t want her to be too annoyed or overwhelmed after the first round. going to check out that link now, thank you for everything you do on this page, all my posts from 2015 to now have been answered by you and you only and i appreciate that a ton!!

Yes, it's relatively normal.

And usually, the extra tooth problem will resolve itself. Same with teeth falling out. But it may take a couple of cycles of tooth-growing for that to happen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.