Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece Bedding Not Drying In Dryer/Is Prolonged Damp Fleece Dangerous For Piggies?

DiSerPiero

Cavy Slave
Yesterday I cleaned the cage of my two piggies and I washed their fleece. I dried it for hours and it was still a little damp (my dryer would stop a few minutes after turning it on because I’m assuming it didn’t think the fleece was wet for whatever reason). It was a little damp to the touch but it felt like it would air dry on its own quick so I put it back in the girls’ cage. The next day it is still a little damp. I’m worried that being on a damp fleece for so long will have negative affects on them. Am I crazy or are there serious risks involved in this? Any help is greatly appreciated

Set your dryer to a setting where it won't detect the dampness of the fabric. Having your piggies on damp fleece will definitely have a negative effect on them. The idea of the fleece is to wick the dampness AWAY from them, keeping them dry, comfortable, and illness and fungus free.

Definitely don't put them back on damp fleece.

Is it just plain fleece, or did you sew absorbent pads to it? Fleece dries VERY quickly -- a full washer load of plain fleece dried in less than 20 minutes in my not-very-efficient dryer.

I have had fleece air dry in a few hours. As bpatter asked are you using liners?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.