Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge, Mocha

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I had Mocha put to sleep today.

She was moving almost not at all, which indicated to me that the pain medication for her horrific arthritis had stopped working. When I would make her move to get off a spot of wet bedding, she could barely do so. Except for lettuce, she'd given up on veggies about three weeks ago, although until yesterday she was still eating hay and occasionally some pellets. But she refused her lettuce yesterday, and even though she loved it, wouldn't take Critical Care -- just let it sit in her mouth and run out.

She was tired and ready to go, I think. When I took her to the vet's office, she just pancaked in my lap, which she'd never, never, ever done before.

RIP, cranky old lady. I'm going to miss you.

But I'm out of the guinea pig business for a while. I'd like to do some traveling, and without my husband here to take care of one, it's almost impossible to find a pig sitter that knows anything about them. Maybe in a couple of years I'll do some fostering.

In the meaning, if anyone is in the Houston area and wants a large cage, some wooden pellets, and a lot of fleece, just let me know.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Candalala, I'll send you a private message.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
My deepest sympathies on your loss of Mocha, @bpatters.

It's the worst thing in the world when you know that time comes, and you know what you have to do. I know its not easy but you know you did right.

Rest in peace, Mocha. The Rainbow Bridge is filled with sun, great food and new friends. Rest easy and pain free, little lady.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I had Mocha put to sleep today. RIP, cranky old lady. I'm going to miss you. But I'm out of the guinea pig business for a while.

Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Mocha! :love: Too much death in a short period of time for you. It's so difficult to lose our furry friends no matter that we can see it coming because of age. So sorry that you had to let her go, but I'm sure it was the most compassionate thing to do.

I fervently hope that you won't leave the Forum. I don't know what we'd do without you!

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about Mocha. It does indeed sound like she was tired and ready to go. I had to put Tribble to sleep right around this time last year. It's hard to lose any of them, but I never imagined how hard it would be to lose my last one... My deepest sympathies to you. Good luck to you in your travels, and good luck to Mocha in her travels, too.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry to read about Mocha's passing. So difficult even though you know it is the right thing to do for her.

I, too, hope that you will continue to be actively involved in this forum and your guidance has been very much appreciated. I still remember when I just got the piggies, I didn't even know how to get them out of the cage for a cleaning. You said to get a box and back them into the corner. So simple, but a big problem if one doesn't know.

In the meantime, do take some time for yourself and enjoy your travels.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I’m so sorry for your loss. There are too many guinea pig shaped holes in our hearts. RIP little Mocha.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.