Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey Everyone!

LadyMisa

Cavy Gazer
Hey!
my names Misia. I?m new here but signed up because I definitely want some advice on cavy introductions!
I have 6 babies. 5 females, 1 neutured male.
my male I adopted 2 months ago he is doing great and I want to introduce him to my 3 younger females.
My females currently have a 4x3 grid cage and my male has a 2x4 grid cage. This was temporary while I kept him separated and under observation.
last night I built a new cage for them in a new room that is 3x9 grid. It?s huge and ample space with very neutral territory (brand new room)
is it ok for me to introduce them in the brand new cage? The space is very large and it?s neutral new ground? New corolplast etc.
now my next question is this, I also have two other females who are wonderfully bonded in a 2x6 cage. My goal is to one day have them all together, should I introduce everyone at the same exact time so 3 females to 2 females to 1 male or would this just be way to much stress?
Should I bond the male to the three babies then introduce my other females?
im just so worried of fights breaking out!
any suggestions would be great!
Misia

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If the brand new cage has all new materials in it, and has never seen a pig, I see no reason why you can't introduce them there. Introductions MUST be made in a neutral space, that has no hint of others pigs. When you DO do introductions, make sure there are no hideys or "property" that can incite a fight.

This is the best resource to follow regarding introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html

And last but not least, welcome to the forum!

LadyMisa

Cavy Gazer
Perfect, everything is brand new and I was going to wash all there beds.
Now would it be worth waiting to introduce the other two females another day?
or should I do everything all at once?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.