Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Cleaning up.

parekhmanan28

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig is currently on medicines and vitamin supplements. She hates it and creates a mess when we try to feed it to her and quite naturally so. [emoji16]
How should I clean up the medicine that sticks to her body? She isn't being able to clean that herself and it surely seems to be irritating her. Should I use water?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Okay, you have to be a lot more specific...what meds is she taking and why? Also, why vitamin supplements? A vitamin rich diet negates the need for supplements.

Why is any medicine sticking to her body?

Okay, you have to be a lot more specific...what meds is she taking and why? Also, why vitamin supplements? A vitamin rich diet negates the need for supplements.

Why is any medicine sticking to her body?
They're drops for her gas problem. Vitamin supplements because she wasn't eating much. After the medicine, she's eating well now, but the drops are on her fur, just under the mouth (because she tried spitting the drops out) which is irritating her. We'll be taking her off the supplements as soon as she's back to 100% health.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Water should do the trick for the drops. If the med has dried on her mouth, warm water will work better. For the llquid supplement, if you are feeding by syringe, put the syringe into her mouth between her cheek and her teeth and far enough back that she can't spit it out. This will make sure that she swallows it instead of spitting it out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.