Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diarrhea Help, smelly poop

Littlepig

Cavy Slave
I never thought about that, it makes sense of course, thanks for the tip!

Littlepig

Cavy Slave
I have just weighed him, and he is 1kg30g, he was a steady 1kg80g only a few days ago. He has been eating lots of hay and pellets and drinking water. His poop looked a lot better today, and he's just as active, he was even more active than usual last night when he didn't have vegetables and had to eat more hay instead. That is quite a weight loss and I'm beginning to worry.
Is it possible that perhaps that's always been his weight and I've just been weighing him after he had eaten a bunch of stuff, unlike this morning when he didn't have the usual amount

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's not only possible, it's likely. You should always weigh pigs first thing in the morning before breakfast. That's when you'll get the least amount of food in the tummy.

Littlepig

Cavy Slave
I rang the vet for advice and they suggested I bring him in sooner rather than later, so we're just back. The vet felt him all over and he was given a shot to help his digestion move smoothly just in case, I also brought some poo and the vet said it was perfectly healthy, as it's back to normal today after just 24 hours of no vegetables.
I will keep weighing him every day, hopefully no more vets for us! He's acting absolutely fine in the mean time

Littlepig

Cavy Slave
Thanks again for the help, the only people I know who have experience with rodents are friends with a rat sanctuary, so not the same at all unfortunately

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.