Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Need Advice - Don't Want Pigs to be Cold, New Cage with Fleece

nightowlmama

Cavy Slave
Thanks to this awesome forum we ordered a new, extra large cage today with fleece flippers. Our pigs have been in a smaller cage with bedding and a house like a pigloo but bigger. Our house tends to be on the colder side and I think the bedding has done a good job of keeping them warm. My question - With the houses (we'll have two now in the new cage) on top of fleece flippers do I need to put something else in their houses to keep them warm? We will only have bedding in the cavy kitchen and I don't want them to be cold. I'd like to find different house that they will like too, although they do like to climb on top of the current ones. Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They'll be fine. If they've got hideys that aren't too much larger than they are, their body heat will warm up the area.

GPs are just little balls of fat and fur. Unless they're skinnies, you don't have to worry much about them getting cold.

nightowlmama

Cavy Slave
Good to know, thanks! We have them in walk up barns so maybe we'll go a little smaller.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.