Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Wheezing Wheezing while breathing, meds not helping so far?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Don't you just hate the blinding clarity of hindsight?? Stop beating yourself up.....guilt is not a productive emotion. You did the best you could at the time. We cavy lovers don't have a plethora of knowledge available to us and often must learn by experience.

I'm a doctor and yet I have permitted Vets to make some poor decisions for my cavies simply because I was unaware of the alternatives or trusted the expertise of the Vet.

Even though I'm pretty knowledgeable about many subjects, pathophysiology for humans doesn't always translate into the cavy world. At some point I have to trust the knowledge of the cavy-savvy vets in my area because I simply can't find the information on my own without being a part of the profession. I can do exhaustive academic research through Medline and obtain virtually any information through my school or go to the Yale medical school library and fetch the articles. Veterinary research databases are NOT open to the general public and one can't research conditions and treatments like we can those for humans. (If anyone knows how to access vet databases, please.......enlighten me)

Losing Lulu has obviously been a difficult journey for you. Again, I repeat......you did the best you could at the time. How could you have known to move in a different direction? You are much sadder but also much wiser as a result. You gave Lulu a great life but it ended too soon. Trust that she is happy and pain-free over the Rainbow Bridge and know that my Chester, Maya & Bubba are showing her where to find the most delicious dandelion greens.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.