Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Can you connect 2 Midwest Guinea Habitat Plus cages?

butterflylover5

Cavy Slave
When I was preparing to get my 2 guinea pigs, I found the Midwest Guinea Habitat Plus cage but wanted more room. Don't have the time or energy to make a C&C cage. I found 2 Midwest cages and paid a total of $20 so I was pretty pleased with that. When I was researching the cage I kept seeing pictures of them connect into an "L" shape so I figured it would be easy. Got them both home (the guinea pigs I adopted came with 1 cage and we picked up 1 cage on our way to get them) and they are currently just set up in the cage they came with for the time being.

Is it easy to connect the cages? It seems easy in my head but I can't find any specific directions anywhere online. I found one review on amazon saying you need to use the divider panel at the opening of both cages to connect them. Is that the case? One of the two cages I picked up doesn't have the divider. Then I got to thinking, and I'm not sure exactly how the lids will lay if they are connected. I have to have the lids on due to having cats.

Anyone have any experience connecting these cages? Any tips or tricks?

Thank you!

Spartan021

Cavy Slave
Midwest-Homes-For-Pets-Guinea-Pig-Habitat-Plus.jpg
or use corrugated piping to go from one side to the other through the doors

Shieme

Cavy Slave
It's easy. Just reverse the bars, where the Midwest sign is on the inside the cage. There will be a small gap between the two cages. I thought that was going to be a problem but my girls only care about running around then trying to escape. But my girls hate being outside their cage. There really are no directions not even in the cage. They just show the picture above. I don't use the small divider or the lid.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.