Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Catching up on the forum....

piggielife

Cavy Slave
How's everyone doing today? It's been awhile, to say the least, since I've posted anything. Twixie and Reeses are doing great! They are still enjoying their 2x5 cage and they have a set way that they like things LOL. They get irritated with me if I change things around too much. They also consistently hated floor time and aren't fans of lap time, but they enjoy being carried around so I make sure to carry them around when they want. We have a new Golden Retriever that was born right around my last post in Jan 2016. She's about 16 months old now and keeping us busy. I still make time for the piggies of course. They live in a spare bedroom - my home gym actually so I can keep a baby gate up to that door to keep the dog out. I just got online and ordered a cage cover from the GP cages store though as 1) tired of stepping over the baby gate and 2) I'd be more comfortable if they had more protection. Bailey (the dog) enjoys "sniffing" the boys, Reese's the more outgoing one sniffs her back LOL. Twixie smacked her on the nose. I keep them separated and she only gets to sniff them if I'm holding them and separated by a baby gate. Now that the dog is growing up, her "retriever" drive is starting to kick in so that's what that extra protection is for. It wouldn't be so funny if she brought me an unwilling piggie to play with.

It's hard to believe the boys are 2 years old already!

piggielife

Cavy Slave
I forgot to add a recent pic.... Twixie is the mute-color and Reeses is brown

Attachments

IMG_5585.jpg

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! :) How adorable - Bailey trying to make friends with the boys. Don't want to bring you down or anything, but I noticed from the pic that their nails are overgrown and should be cut. Other than that, they look and sound so cute! It's funny...I would never think that a guinea pig wouldn't like floor time lol

piggielife

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! :) How adorable - Bailey trying to make friends with the boys. Don't want to bring you down or anything, but I noticed from the pic that their nails are overgrown and should be cut. Other than that, they look and sound so cute! It's funny...I would never think that a guinea pig wouldn't like floor time lol

Yup... nails grow fast, especially Twixie's. They were just trimmed 3 weeks ago and he is due for a good trimming again. This weekend is his "spa" time LOL.

I figured both of them would love floor time and was so excited for that when I got them, but both of them hate it. Reeses is better with lap time but they really both prefer being carried around, they like to sniff and look at stuff, nosey little characters which is another reason it baffles me that they hate floor time. They run laps like crazy pop corning and playing in their cage so they are getting some exercise LOL.

BeckieL

Cavy Slave
Hello! I'm super new, lol.

sometimes my pigs love floor time, other times they hate it. but they're both very young (under 6 months) so we have plenty of time to figure all that out! What's funny is that my piggies LOVE when I change up their cage! They run around, popcorn, and follow me around as I clean and re-organize things. One of my pigs (Catnip) HATES it when I put anything against the wall of the cage though, he immediately uses his nose to move things around to his liking if I accidentally forget ;)

My other pig (Harry Styles, the Abby with fabulous hair) is a complete pest because he is perpetually on a mission to burrow up under the fleece in the cage. At this point it's a battle of wills that I'm determined to win!

We have cats (hence the name Catnip for our first pig), and we have a cover on our cage as well. Out of the 4 cats, only two have any interest in the pigs at all, and one of them just wants to sleep in the cage. When the cats sit next to the cage the pigs run right up to them and they touch noses and it's cute. I think the GPs like the company!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.