Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Bonding Guinea pigs

isla02w

Cavy Gazer
Hi,
I was curious if I could possibly bond a bonded pair of females with another Guinea pig? Could this result in the third Guinea pig in getting bullied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Any introduction of one or more guinea pigs to another CAN result in one pig being bullied. It won't necessarily be the new pig, and you may wind up with three solo pigs, none of which will live with the other.

But there's not much of a danger of that happening with sows. They'll usually settle in pretty quickly. Just give the introduction plenty of time, because it can take longer when you're introducing a singleton to a bonded pair.

Here's the bible on introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html.

isla02w

Cavy Gazer
Any introduction of one or more guinea pigs to another CAN result in one pig being bullied. It won't necessarily be the new pig, and you may wind up with three solo pigs, none of which will live with the other.

But there's not much of a danger of that happening with sows. They'll usually settle in pretty quickly. Just give the introduction plenty of time, because it can take longer when you're introducing a singleton to a bonded pair.

Here's the bible on introductions: https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/3002707.html.

Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.