Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Chauncey: reintro to other pigs?

SharkStars

Cavy Slave
One of my pigs passed away quite suddenly last week from uri and we took his cagemate Chauncey into the vet right away. Vet said he had it mildly in the throat and sinuses but it hadnt moved to his lungs. He'll finish his course if antibiotics tomorrow and I would like to introduce him to my lone skinny male to see if they get along and can live together.
He's been active and eating through the entire treatment and the only visual symptom he showed was a little tannish stuff around the nostrils the morning he went to the vet.
Is he going to have to wait it out and be alone for a few weeks or should he be good after he's done his meds?

pouty

Cavy Slave
Has he gained all his weight back? Has he stopped coughing and sneezing? No runny nose? Active and noisy? Gets excited when you give him fresh food? If he seems good as new, I'd give him and the cage a nice cleaning and introduce your skinny pig to him when the treatment is complete.

SharkStars

Cavy Slave
Yes his weight barely fluctuated, no sneezing coughing or running nose. very active running around , pop corning, eating and yelling whenever he hears sounds that might mean fresh food.

SharkStars

Cavy Slave
These two have not been living together at all. I am going to wait for the weekend to come back around so that I have plenty of time to supervise them in the bathroom
The skinny is alone because his roommate only wanted to fight and Chauncey lost his brother so im hoping they'll get along okay

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.