Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lethargy Chinchilla problem

RoAnne

Cavy Slave
Hope this is okay to post here. I'm at work right now. Apparently my step-daughter left the dust bath in her chin's cage all day. (We've told her not to do that!) Apparently at some point today the bath flipped over some how and he was trapped inside. Now he's barely moving and his fur is wet. Her mom, who knows all about chinchillas, is on the way to the house and can take him to the vet if necessary. I wonder if maybe he over-heated? Do chins sweat? Could that be why his fur is wet?

Apparently there was no powder in the bath, so it's not like he inhaled it or chocked on it.

Step daughter's mom thinks he will be fine.

I found one of my guinea pigs with a toilet paper tube stuck on her head one day. I don't know how long it was stuck there. I was in a rush and forgot to cut a slit down the side. I swear, if we give them any opportunity to make us panic, they will make the most of it!

Glad to hear the chinchilla's going to be okay.

The wet fur was probably from urine but they do overheat easily. They can't sweat though.

I would take her to the hospital

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.