Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Wood Pellets/Chips Big Heat brand wood pellets?

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I bought this bag of wood stove pellets from Menards today. It says 100% wood, and we even asked an associate and he said its nothing but compressed wood. There was a hole in one bag so i was able to feel it and smell it, no odor or anything. But im super paranoid, has anyone else gotten these pellets before? It says not for animal consumption, but will it hurt the pigs if they happen to nibble it? Im thinking its fine, but i just want to be sure. Im just using it for the kitchen.

Also, opinions on the Indeck Energy stove pellets would be great too, as i cant go to menards regularly but my local Runnings has this brand. They also say 100% natural wood.

It should be good.

Just make sure there is not excelerant (fuel) added to the wood.
Mine will nibble on one ever once in a while. However I give them cardboard toilet paper tubes to chew on.

It should be good.

Just make sure there is not excelerant (fuel) added to the wood.
Mine will nibble on one ever once in a while. However I give them cardboard toilet paper tubes to chew on.

There arent any accelerants, the guy said so, and the bag says all natural wood 100%. I just want to make sure as this is my first time using pellets, and im switching out the kitchen bedding now. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.