Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Weird high pitched sound

Greysanatomy

Cavy Slave
Recently, I've noticed my guinea pigs make this really high pitched loud sound. I looked up and I know what all of their other sounds are like but I can't decide if the sound they make is them being happy or mad.. Also, they sometimes swing their heads (kinda looks like having a seizure) ps.it's not like the hungry sound

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
If you could include a video of them making the noise then that would be helpful.

Greysanatomy

Cavy Slave
If you could include a video of them making the noise then that would be helpful.
im sorry I haven't known you could add videos:)it doesn't sound 100% like that in resl life but this is the sound:
[video=youtube_share;pCMGmaksfZQ]https://youtu.be/pCMGmaksfZQ[/video]

pinky

Cavy Slave
Sounds annoyed.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I agree, sounds like an annoyed pig (mine make that sound at each other when they squabble). The good news is your piggie appears to like a good chin rub! In general smooth coated piggies don't like having their fur pushed backwards (towards their heads), try just petting from head towards rump and see if your pig likes that. Many piggies don't like having their rear ends and/or sides touched, and if that's the case you may want to stick with head petting. If he/she tosses his/her head up trying to throw your hand off that means they don't want to be petted. That's a very cute piggie!

Greysanatomy

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! That's really helpful! And yeah, he's obsessed with chin rubs;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.