Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Aussie 'Uhaul' blanket alternative in Liner

BlackyReddy

Cavy Slave
Ok I did it! I wasn't sure it was going to work for a second there but I made the Bunnings $10 'wrap n move' movers blanket into a fleece covered liner like the previous Uhaul blanket tutorials. Although I made a mistake washing it first before sewing. DONT! Cause almost half of it came to pieces. But I could sew it up into a pad at least! And I washed and dried it and its great! they now sleep everywhere because its so much softer than just puppy pads and fleece.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/wrap-move-1-8-x-2m-movers-blanket_p2610066
Aussie 'Uhaul' blanket alternative in Liner

Jw90563

Cavy Slave
I was wondering how you have found the 'wrap n move' movers blankets for odor control?

BlackyReddy

Cavy Slave
Hi, We've been using it since then. It has been great! I make sure it definitely is dry by sunning it and also a quick 15min dryer time though because its so absorbent it can keep in the moisture after washing and sealed in with the fleece you think its dry because the fleece but if you squeeze it it can be cold feeling. That cold feeling is the locked in moisture still and needs to be dried more. It defiantly has to be quilt sewed so it doesn't move around in the fleece and get all lumpy I tested it on small versions and washing ruins it if its not quilted.

BlackyReddy

Cavy Slave
Ok I've been using for a while and its been good. BUT I had to add I found a superior product VET beds (As seen in top level of cage in photo) from Sharnas Cavy Sanctuary in Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Sharnasrodentrescues?fref=ts

They're located in Loganholme and they have 3 other locations for order collections (must be paid for before collection around brisbane)
Ferny hills, Greenslopes, Chermside.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.