Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet my new boys!

CrazyForCavy92

Cavy Gazer
I work at my cities municipal shelter and a couple weeks ago a lady brought in a very small three week old guinea pig that she turned into the shelter. I adopted him his name is Pepe, and within a week also found a local shelter and adopted him a friend, who I have named Petey. Petey is the tri-color american and Pepe is a dark brown what looks like might be a coronet according to the rescue and other people i have asked who are familiar with guinea pigs, but we will see when he gets bigger! I haven't had guinea pigs in about ten years and I'm really happy to have them running around again, I'm even happier I got to rescue them.

Attachments

IMG_0942.jpg IMG_0940.jpg IMG_0946.jpg

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Awww. Congrats! And thank you fit adopting!

Talking Cavy

Cavy Slave
Aw they are absolutely gorgeous or should I say handsome! Great names by the way and congrats on having them! Another thumbs up for adopting them! ��

Talking Cavy

Cavy Slave
:) sorry this was meant for my message where the question marks are

RayneBowPig

Cavy Slave
They are adorable! Congratulations on your two beautiful piggies :)

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
They're so cute!!! I'm glad you decided to adopt!! I've been wanting to, but I can't find any rescues near me....

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Congrats! They are so handsome.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
They're so cute!!! I'm glad you decided to adopt!! I've been wanting to, but I can't find any rescues near me....
I am not sure where in IL you are, but Critter Corral is based in IL. It is a series of foster homes, so there may be one near you.

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
I am not sure where in IL you are, but Critter Corral is based in IL. It is a series of foster homes, so there may be one near you.
I have looked into that organization before and it looks really good, but I'm on the other side of the state!!!! So it's a pretty long drive!! But I'm hoping someday my parents will let me go!

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
Adorable boys, and thank you for adopting them instead of buying.

pinky

Cavy Slave
That little white foot sticking out is so cute! Adorable pigs!

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
I have looked into that organization before and it looks really good, but I'm on the other side of the state!!!! So it's a pretty long drive!! But I'm hoping someday my parents will let me go!

I grew up in IL as well. Not sure which direction "other side of the state is" But here is another rescue that has GPs sometimes.

(broken link removed)

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
I grew up in IL as well. Not sure which direction "other side of the state is" But here is another rescue that has GPs sometimes.

(broken link removed)
Thanks!!! I'm actually closer to critter corral tho!! Lol! But I talked with my parents and when the time comes for another piggy they agreed to let me go to the critter coral!! :)

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
@PopcorningPigs - I have adopted some of my pigs from Critter Corral. That's a great rescue. They also have a "pig-nic" in June at Bemis Woods. @pinky is a member here who volunteers with them.

janinehunt

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
What a couple of cuties!

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
Dang I grew up in the town Bemis Woods are in. Too bad, I am not there anymore or I would have attended.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Bemis Woods covers quite a few towns: LaGrange, Westchester, Oak Brook.... maybe more. The spot they have the pignic at is about a mile east of 2-94, on the North side of Ogden Avenue. They've had it at the same spot for years and used to have it with the Rabbit House Society until our group got too big to hold both together. A few years they had farther north but came back here. It's a nice spot. They have a large gazebo and a lot of space.

As far as adopting from us, there are a lot of volunteers throughout the Chicago area who do adoptions so we can move guinea pigs to the home that's closest to the person wanting to adopt.

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
I grew up in Westchester, my parents still live there. We go to IL for 2 weeks for the Christmas. Might do week in the summer. We will bring Pudge, just don't know what my parents will think of us bring the GP. Maybe someone can be a sitter for me if needed.

PopcorningPigs

Cavy Slave
Ahhhh!! That's sooooo cool!! I can't wait till the time comes to get another one! :eek:
@PopcorningPigs - I have adopted some of my pigs from Critter Corral. That's a great rescue. They also have a "pig-nic" in June at Bemis Woods. @pinky is a member here who volunteers with them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.