Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Anyone also a rabbit slave?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Well just like with guineas there's so much info on rabbits out there and some is so conflicting. It's hard for newbies to wade through but we're trying. We're mostly sticking with the House a Rabbit Society. I'll check out the UK site @Soecara, thanks for that. Much like the pigs this rabbit is a lot more work in practice than "on paper". Still trying to get in a grove with him but we sure do love him. Now if only he would let me pick him up and rub his fur on my cheek. Just kidding, I can get down on the floor and do it ;) Those darn mini Rex's are just so soft. It's like heaven.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
https://rabbit.org/ - The house Rabbit Society has a lot of good info.

A fellow rabbit slave. :)

Alice - NZ White, adopted from SPCA 11 months ago, no idea on her age...however she is on daily medication for congestive heart failure, she is also going blind and has a couple other smaller medical issues which have all appeared in just the last 7 months - but we wouldn't change our decision to adopt her, she's family.
Scooby - Angora, rescued with 12 guinea pigs, only around 2 years old.

ETA: Opps, you already said the HRS!

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Lol. It's ok, I appreciate the confirmation that HRS is a good reliable source! We have Pitch, a 4ish year old black mini Rex. He is sassy and currently trying to dominate my 16 year old daughter. He's very well litter trained but now he's started peering on her bed. We're working on it. We've only had him 3ish months and he has not been neutered yet because we've been working on fixing sore hocks. Hopefully we've got the hocks under control and can neuter after the holidays and get him a friend!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.