Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Holly has gone

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
Holly was put to sleep at 3pm today. She has been the bravest little girl for over a month with issues beginning to take over. The vets here are wonderful. It was very quick & peaceful, & my gentle Holly is now whole & playing with new friends.
Right now I'm sitting next to an empty cage.
I don't know if this is the right place to talk about Tilly.

Awww. I'm sorry for your loss

Thanks. It's so awful, but the relief is Holly's restoration at rainbow ridge.

The good news is the vet found a new home for Tilly, & by 4pm she was on her way to her new home with a young lady who has a guinea pig rescue & greatly guaranteed by the vet to be caring & experienced in guinea pig care.
It has been a fabulous experience,, no regrets & great memories. What wonderful little creatures!
And thanks go to everyone on this great great forum

All the very best to all of you always.

I am sorry to hear that Holly was put to sleep.

I am interested to hear about the girl and her guinea pig rescue, as would love to contact her.

I'm sorry you had to put Holly to sleep. Popcorn free.

I am glad you found a good home for Tilly.

I'm sorry for your loss. May I ask why you rehomed Tilly?

I am sorry to hear that Holly was put to sleep.

I am interested to hear about the girl and her guinea pig rescue, as would love to contact her.

I had thought you were the person @RodentCuddles, before remembering you're in Auckland. The vet didn't offer any contact details, so I thought I wasn't to ask, although the rescue girl has mine. However if she hasn't contacted me in the next few days, I was going to ask the vet.
It would be great if you were able to for your mutual benefit.

You could phone Northland Vet Group at 09 470 uh-oh I'll have to come back on that, hold on

No worries, If there is another Guinea Pig rescue I would love to contact them, as hopefully we could be of help to each other (as I often have people asking to adopt who do not live in Auckland, and I have not yet gotten around to contacting the pet bus)

OK here we are.
09 470 1060
or, maybe better, email
admin@north vets.co.nz.

Being a professional, they would be more likely to allow contact with a fellow rescue. They may even know of you. If you can get in contact I'd love to know. I have considered asking the vets if she hasn't got in touch with me. It's my understanding she picked up Tilly (pink-eyed white) from the Onerahi Vets about 4pm yesterday (Tuesday 13th).

For some months Holly has had thinning hair & a small moveable lump near her teat. Because she was otherwise completely normal one of the vets suggested monitoring, which I did. I used coconut oil to keep her skin smooth. Just before the weekend her weight dropped dramatically, them other issues developed over the weekend: difficulty eating, a lump appeared under her chin with dramatic hair loss, unable to poo & pee. Gave probiotics which got things moving, then poo stuck in her bottom. Felt the best thing to do was what was done.

Not allowed anymore guinea pigs apart from the ones I already had. Didn't want Tilly to be on her own, the vets were able to quickly get her a home with this rescue girl, so felt this to be the best for Tilly. I have a short reflection in the Cafe section.

Last edited:
OK here we are.
09 470 1060
or, maybe better, email
admin@north vets.co.nz.

Being a professional, they would be more likely to allow contact with a fellow rescue. They may even know of you. If you can get in contact I'd love to know. I have considered asking the vets if she hasn't got in touch with me. It's my understanding she picked up Tilly (pink-eyed white) from the Onerahi Vets about 4pm yesterday (Tuesday 13th).

For some months Holly has had thinning hair & a small moveable lump near her teat. Because she was otherwise completely normal one of the vets suggested monitoring, which I did. I used coconut oil to keep her skin smooth & soothed. No itching, no scratching, her overall behaviour normal. Just before the weekend her weight dropped dramatically, them other issues developed over the weekend: difficulty eating, a lump appeared under her chin with dramatic hair loss, unable to poo, sat facing the wall. Gave probiotics which got things moving a bit, then poo stuck in her bottom & wouldn't come out. Felt the best thing to do was what was done for her sake.

Not allowed anymore guinea pigs apart from the ones I already had. Didn't want Tilly to be on her own, the vets were able to quickly get her a home with this rescue girl, so felt this to be the best for Tilly. I have a short reflection in the Cafe section.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.