Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage How to work with fleece in a L shaped cage? Pictures?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm thinking of going all fleece in Trixie, Gigi and Pluto's cage instead of fleece with a kitchen area; But I have no idea how to do the fleece.
Their cage is a 2x5 + 1x3 L shaped cage.

If you have a L shaped cage with fleece *That goes over the sides, I have two girls that will even dig it up when it's over the wall* I'd love to see some pictures.

I used to have an L shaped cage

I haven't had an L-Shaped cage yet but maybe you could make the liner in two separate pieces of 2x5 and 1x3 (with fleece going over the sides except at the connection) with a velcro joint in between?
That way you could change out just the kitchen area if they messed it up too much and the rest of the fleece can go on for a bit longer.

An actual L-shape would be hard to sew and fold, but maybe your sewing skills are less of a fail than mine. xD

I haven't had an L-Shaped cage yet but maybe you could make the liner in two separate pieces of 2x5 and 1x3 (with fleece going over the sides except at the connection) with a velcro joint in between?
That way you could change out just the kitchen area if they messed it up too much and the rest of the fleece can go on for a bit longer.

An actual L-shape would be hard to sew and fold, but maybe your sewing skills are less of a fail than mine. xD

That's what i'd do.

Similar to the cage @mmas4 just posted, you can see where the liners meet at the corner of the "L"

That's what i'd do.

Similar to the cage @mmas4 just posted, you can see where the liners meet at the corner of the "L"

So do you put the velcro on the coroplast to hold it down at the joint or do you put it on the fleece to velcro the two pieces together?

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. I'm not sure that Velcro will be strong enough though, if there is a tiny gap or a different between the fleeces Trixie and Gigi will dig and they will dig all night to go under fleece. They are very determined piggies when they set their minds to it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.