Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Carriers for two pigs

jana.marie

Cavy Slave
I will be traveling to Japan (probably 18 hour flight), and I was approved to bring my two guinea pigs with me. I need a carrier that can fit my two guinea pigs and go under the seat in an airplane. Anyone have any ideas or know of any carriers that would be good?

Nannub

Cavy Slave
I just got a Kaytee Carrier that's kinda 'small' but it fits two pigs and also fits under the plane seat. Awesome that you get to carry them with you. I wanna take them with me to Montana but I'm not sure if I can.

Carriers for two pigs

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
I would be worried about the Kaytee carrier above leaking, especially with a 17 hour flight. Guinea pigs can pee a lot in that time. I like these carriers:
(broken link removed)

They also come in solid tops but I prefer the wire top.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I would be worried about the Kaytee carrier above leaking, especially with a 17 hour flight. Guinea pigs can pee a lot in that time. I like these carriers:
(broken link removed)

@CavyHouse, I agree 100% with you. I've probably used every carrier there is over the years and the cabin kennels are my favorite! I also have some with the solid top that I use when it's cold. What I like about the one in the photo is that you can see your guinea pigs and can slide open that smaller section on the top to put things in there. You can find those really cheap at Goodwill. I see them there all the time for a few dollars.

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
I've got around 20 of the Cabin Kennels for my rescue. I've used so many of the other kinds and this is definitely my favorite. I really like the wire top too for being able to see in easily and add some treats. I transport a lot of piggies who board with me and many of them are in the Kaytee carriers above. I have to put towels under those so they won't get my car seats wet.

My only complaint about the Cabin Kennels is that they aren't easy for hanging a water bottle on them. You can tape one on, or just bring lots of water-loaded veggies such as cucumber and lettuce along.

Nannub

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

I currently use that one to take my pig to the vet. I also put a fleece pee pad on it. Not gonna let her sit on her pee. Hehe

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
Yes - I use towels in these carriers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.