Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Cavy Cafes coming apart

OregonNative

Cavy Slave
Our 2 Cafes will not stay together. I have put them together correctly with the attached adhesive. Now shavings are getting stuck to the adhesive and they just won't adhere:sad: Suggestions?

Thanks!

adelore

Cavy Slave
what do you mean by Cavy Cafes? Are they material on the bottom?

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
I'm assuming you meant Cavy Cages? A picture might help. If you mean the bottom of the cages, I'd suggest packing tape or duct tape.

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Cavy Cafe Kitchen

Do you have these? If so, Theresa would probably help out the most with your situation. You might want to send them a message asking, their customer service is great and I'm sure they can figure out a solution for you :)

CCcages

Cavy Slave
Sometimes when shavings get stuck in there, it doesn't seem to stick as well. Perhaps clean it up real well, make sure it's clean on the other side, re-stick the flaps and heat it up slightly with a hairdryer so that it activates the glue in the tape. Hold it down with a heavy book until. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll send replacement tape.

adelore

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure about this kitchen area...but in my cage, I built the kitchen area out of scrap. I don't do anything but set it in there. My piggies don't move it around at all.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you're talking about cages that you bought from Guinea Pig Cages Store, there's a way on that site to contact them and see what to do. Otherwise, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Most people put coroplast together with wide tape on the outside of the box so the pigs can't eat it.

OregonNative

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone! BTW-I'm talking about these:) Cavy Cafes coming apart I tried Gorilla Glue today and there are just two areas that refuse to stay together. I did try to clean off the hay and shavings to get a cleaner grip-I guess we just have some wild pigges:p

OregonNative

Cavy Slave
Cavy Cafe Kitchen

Do you have these? If so, Theresa would probably help out the most with your situation. You might want to send them a message asking, their customer service is great and I'm sure they can figure out a solution for you :)

Yep:) This is what I have.

OregonNative

Cavy Slave
Sometimes when shavings get stuck in there, it doesn't seem to stick as well. Perhaps clean it up real well, make sure it's clean on the other side, re-stick the flaps and heat it up slightly with a hairdryer so that it activates the glue in the tape. Hold it down with a heavy book until. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll send replacement tape.

I will try the hairdryer trick and see I if have any luck:) Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.