Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pre-Introduction Nerves

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
Quarantine is almost done for my new pig Osiris. I adopted him from a local animal shelter, and I have zero background information on him since he was found running free in an apartment after the tenant moved out. (Hence the name, I thought Egyptian god rebirth myth was a good match for an abandoned pig.) Despite that, he is s very calm and friendly pig that I think will a good match for my drama boy Icarus.

I've read all the introductions articles and has two successful re-introductions with my initial pair. But this will be my first never-met-before-introduction. And I'm a nervous wreck!

Ack, I've gone over the game plan in my head countless times. I also lost count of my piggie pep talks, telling each boy how wonderful the other pig is and to pretty please play nice.

I guess I just want support from fellow piggie parents who get the madness.

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
@ThePigAlchemist, I slept on the couch next to the cage for both the re-introductions, and I will probably do it again this time!!! Tomorrow is the big day, gulp...

Icarus_Hermes

Cavy Slave
Success! Two hours of I'm-the-bigger-boar, then they calmed down. Then Osiris escaped the bathroom while I was cleaning the cage, naughty boy! The boys have been in their cage together a few hours now and everything has been calmer than I expected. No snuggled naps, but lots of naps close to each other, which is way more than I thought would happen on day 1.

Here's my boys: Osiris is the abby on the left, and Icarus is the cuy on the right.

intro.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.