Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning My heart is melting

Jessica Dale

Cavy Slave
She loves me! She really loves me! :eek::love:

We have had Maleficent for a week and a half now. (And it's Day 5 on antibiotics:https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/107165-Maleficent-Update-Thread)

How do I know she loves me? Her behavior! <3 If I put my hand in the cage she runs right up to it wheeking and cooing and rubs against me then popcorns like crazy!! It's like she's playing a game of tag with my hand! It is SOOO CUTE!!! My heart is just melting! I MUST take a video! She hops right into my hand if she wants out of the cage to be with me (she's out of the cage a LOT since I work from home to raise my daughters). I'm just smitten with our baby!! As her health improves and as time passes she just becomes more and more social! Guinea Pigs are just the greatest.

I really am happy we are bonding so closely. Don't worry though a companion is in the works! I've reached out to multiple show breeders and we are going to take our time and get a HEALTHY good quality piggie this time! (no more pet stores!) Our heart is set on a long-hair. (Of course if I get notified of a rescue locally we would always adopt first, but reputable small caviary show breeder seems to be the best route for us)

I just had to share this joy with people who could understand. I am so happy she loves us! :love:

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Hi!

I'm so glad that your piggy Maleficent is starting to bond with you! She sure sounds like a sweetheart!

I wouldn't get another pig from a breeder or shower, though. Rescuing a pig would be a much better thing to do. Since there are already so many needy pigs in shelters, it'd be an admirable thing to save one! Breeders just add to the cavy overpopulation issue, and the more people that buy their animals, the more they breed them to make money. Many, many innocent little pigs die in shelters because nobody considered adopting them instead of a "pedigree" pig.

I encourage you to rethink the possibilities. Again, Maleficent sounds precious!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Yay! I can just imagine how exciting it is to have her being so sweet and friendly now. She's a gorgeous little pig. I've been sending good thoughts your way ever since I read the original story, as my first pig, Mufasa, came from a pet store before I knew better and died of a URI within two weeks. He hid his symptoms so well that we didn't know until it was too late. I'm glad you caught it and have your girl on meds. As @LoveMyHerd said, please consider adoption as your primary option instead of buying from a breeder. My two current girls, Amy and Quinn, are both adoptees and are healthy, happy, and spoiled rotten. Craigstlist is a great source for rehomed pigs if you don't have a shelter or rescue nearby. Just beware of breeders on there who pretend to be doing adoptions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.