Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Is that for a baby?-Fleece story

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I went to go get some fleece for my cage and they had the cutest fleece ever! so i got it!
And the lady looked at me and asked" Is that for a baby?" I started cracking up when i told her it was for my guinea pigs:D

Just wanted to share:)

Is that for a baby?-Fleece story

What are some of your fleece stories? :)

Lishar

Cavy Slave
I haven't got any stories, but I would like to know what that lady though when you sead it was for your pigs! xD
And that fleece is very cute! :D

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
LOL I have had the same question, and "What are you going to do with all that?". The looks on their faces when they find out exactly what we are doing with them is priceless!

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
@AussiePiggies Ikr? ahahah they're just like what? :D
@Lishar I think they are just like those are physcotic piggy loverslol

MuggleMaggie

Cavy Slave
I can't even lie... I was in Lowe's yesterday pricing stuff for the piggie cages we're starting tomorrow and the dudes there were like "uh... guinea pig cages? like.... the small rabbit things?" It was kind of funny. My Joann's people are used to me making weird stuff. I know the vast majority of them, and they just nod and agree now. lol

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So yesterday, me and Mum picked up a whole bunch of fleece . So we are standing at the checkout and the lady asks, "Yous are always buying fleece, what's it for?".. Me and Mum started laughing xD The cashier was very confused!

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
So yesterday, me and Mum picked up a whole bunch of fleece . So we are standing at the checkout and the lady asks, "Yous are always buying fleece, what's it for?".. Me and Mum started laughing xD The cashier was very confused!

ahahahhahah

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Ikr? ahahah they're just like what? :D

LOL I am so tempted to tell them next time it's for my guinea pigs to poop on, they will only poop on a nice print! :mischievo Heehee

Lishar

Cavy Slave
HAHA! Yeah tell them that xD I want to know what they say! :D

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
AHAHAH! They look at you like disgrace :p

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Slave
This happens to me every time. I went to the fabric store today and picked up four yards of new fleece for cage liners and matching cozies. The lady asked me if I was making a blanket out of all the fleece. Imagine the look I got in return when I told her I was making tents for my guinea pigs. :crazy:

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
This happens to me every time. I went to the fabric store today and picked up four yards of new fleece for cage liners and matching cozies. The lady asked me if I was making a blanket out of all the fleece. Imagine the look I got in return when I told her I was making tents for my guinea pigs. :crazy:

lol yeah :p

acydrose

Cavy Slave
Happens to me, but with my veggie shopping lol. I usually stop at the grocery store and buy veggies for my boys along with my usual groceries and then I go back and get some more a week later. The same cashier has been there the last few times and once she commented on my healthy diet. I looked at her all confused, I mean.. I'm a college student with part time work. My crazy hours don't usually allow for home cooked meals unless I stop at my moms place, and she mentioned I'm always buying fresh veggies from the local farms, not frozen or prepackaged salads. I laughed and said "of course not, I don't think my guinea pigs would enjoy that" Her face was priceless. Then I proceeded to explain to her about guinea pigs, their diets and even showed her pigtures of them having lunch.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Slave
Yea, I was at my local guild the other day, and grabbed some fleece blankets, because, shizz, they were 25 cents! The lady at the counter said,
"Going home to make a blanket tent or wrap up?" I laughed, and replied,
"No, these are for my pigs!" She gave me a funny look, and asked,
"You have Pot bellied pigs?"
"No, I have two guinea pigs. They love fleece houses, and it's used for bedding." She was like, "Oh, well have a nice day." And basically shoved me out the door. Cracked me up at the face she had!!! :D

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
@acydrose That would have been priceless :D keep the stories coming :D

acydrose

Cavy Slave
@soccerchickgrp5 Something else is bound to happen soon ! I get my fleece at Walmart and I'm always buying the kits to make fleece throws. They're gonna think I'm a very artsy girl. Gotta admit! I've been getting crafty after I got them, and even added bell pepper to my diet since I didn't eat it before.

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Slave
Ahahah lol me too but I favor the orange bell peppers :p

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Ahahaha! XD These are funny! Keep them coming! :D

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I have only purchased fleece once, when I first got my pigs, because I resorted to purchasing premade fleece liners. Now that I know about Uhaul pads (thanks to all you wonderful people)I am going to start making my own. Anyway, the one and only time I had purchased fleece the cashier asked what it was for and when I told her she was interested and wanted to know more because her daughter has a pig. I then got into the whole "pet store cages are WAY too small" and "guinea pigs need friends" thing. She asked me to let her know how the fleece works out when I come back in. I will most likely be making a trip there this week. It's baseball season and my girls have been asking for Chicago Cubs fleece. I have told my supervisor about the fleece when I learned about it and she thinks it is interesting too. Unfortunately, she has her guinea pig in an aquarium, does not have multiple pigs, only gives occasional celery as veggies, and uses vitamin c drops in the water. It is simply a consequence of taking the pet store employee's word as gospel. I so badly want to educate her but she's my boss and does my evaluations :eek:hmy: I might actually be adopting her pig once I expand my cage. He's male and I have females so I would have to also neuter her boar before rehoming him.

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc I've seen pictures of your cage. I must admit...I'm insanely jealous. It's amazing. If I'm not mistaken you have everything coordinated??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.