Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece HELP! Fleece not wicking after tons of washes!

cavycalm1

Cavy Slave
So a few days ago, I went to the nearby Fabricland, much like Joan's, but the Canadian version, and bought three large pieces of antipill fleece, currently, I have three older pieces that wick, that I bought at the beginning of my piggies ownership. TOMORROW, I am going on a trip to Europe, and the girls are staying at a pet resort. They are in need of as many changes of fleece as possible, so I want to bring six with me. I have soaked the fleece in the tub with vinegar, and washed it more times than I can think. Since I'm on the younger side of the ages on the forum, I live at home with my parents, and we just spent 30$ on three pieces of fleece, not sure if this is exspensive, but to one with a limited income, it seems to be, especially with the added cost of washing it like, ten times.

I use an eco friendly, unscented, no fabric softener, detergent, along with lots of vinegar. I did the same thing last time, and the wicked within three washes. Not this time! I have three pieces of the mountain antipill fleece, and I appears to be a bit thicker than my other pieces. Help! I need this to work within the next 12 hours!

Any advise would be wonderful!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Do you have an absorbent layer underneath it when you're testing it? It won't work without one. And try turning it over to see if it works from the other side.

Or, wash it a couple of times in very hot water with strong detergent and bleach.

cavycalm1

Cavy Slave
Do you have an absorbent layer underneath it when you're testing it? It won't work without one. And try turning it over to see if it works from the other side.

Or, wash it a couple of times in very hot water with strong detergent and bleach.

I use many absorbent layers underneath, and neither side works.
Ill try with bleach. Do you think the thickness has anything to do with it?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It may be the wrong kind of fleece. Some of it just repels liquid, and doesn't wick it. Have you read the fleece forum here? Particularly the posts by Windespirit?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.