Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coroplast Side Height?

piggsters

Cavy Slave
I recently bought some coroplast for my cage and realized... how tall should the side height be? Now before you say anything, I only did a half of the top today and don't know if it's too tall, or too short, or fine. Here's some pics:

These are some of the whole cage

Coroplast Side Height?

Coroplast Side Height?

These are close ups of the height of the corolast

Coroplast Side Height?

Coroplast Side Height?

Any help will be appreciated!:)

The solid sides on my cage are to the top of the grid (14 inches) in the back and anywhere hard to clean and 4 inches in the front of anywhere easy to clean. It makes it alot easier for me

Could you post a picture? I'm better with visual appearance.

It depends on what you want it to do. On the back side of my cage, I want it to keep my two sows from spraying pee all over the wall -- cleaning back there is a real chore. On the front side, I just want it to keep the pellets and poop in the cage, so it's much lower.

I tend to like it lower, as the pigs are so much more visible, and come up to talk to me much more than they would if the coroplast were higher than their heads.

I prefer 7" sides because they can still climb up to visit us but they've never chewed 7" sides. When I built my cages with 5 and 6" sides, they have gotten nibbled, though. It's really just a matter of personal preference. The higher the sides, the less chance of bedding or hay getting tossed out. I think anything over 7" is too tall.

Thank you guys so much! I think they aren't going to be too tall on the bottom level because that level is gonna be covered with fleece and toys and hideys. But the top level Is gonna be taller because her bedding is gonna be there along with her food.

Thank you guys so much! I think they aren't going to be too tall on the bottom level because that level is gonna be covered with fleece and toys and hideys. But the top level Is gonna be taller because her bedding is gonna be there along with her food.

Keep in mind that poop can be flung out of the cage, too, even if you have fleece on the lower level.

It looks like the top level has walls on two sides, and no walls on the other two? Bedding will fall out.

@lissie The reason is because i haven't finished it yet, but if you wanna see it updated there is another thread I posted. The title is "Will My Piggy Move the cage?"

I agree with Bpatters, I was shocked that the girls pee on the wall!!! LOL
My back was about as high as yours looks in the pic. But I like the others lower so you can see them and all the funny things they do! If its too high, you miss it all.
And whats a turd or two on the carpet??? I just pick em up. I really don't get poo's flung out though.
I like that mine come and "chat" with me and I couldn't if it was tall. I also make sure whatever height it is that it lines up with the wire that goes across so if I have to clip something down like the hay box or pellet dish since mine like to dump em. This way it lines up and makes clipping much easier.
Nice cage!!

Will My Piggy Move The Cage?

Hi. I'm both happy and annoyed right now. I just finished the top of my cage (happy) and wrote this whole thing but then it suddenly just disappeared (annoyed), so now I am rewriting this whole thing. ANYWAYS, in the pictures below you can see I AM NOT DONE YET. But my dad thinks its fine. He thinks we can just leave the bottom coroplast as is and my piggy won't move it. I tried to tell him otherwise but he won't listen. My question is: Is it okay? How do I convince my dad to finish it? (My dad is helping me build it) PICTURE TIME!!!

Coroplast Side Height?

Coroplast Side Height?

Re: Will My Piggy Move The Cage?

I don't think he'd move it, but with the floor flat like that he would kick poops all over the room!

It looks good to me but you will something for bedding whether it be shavings or fleece.

Okay, but she does love to push her hideys against the sides, and she is quite strong, will it move then?

The pig probably won't move the cage, but bedding and poop and food will get kicked out all over the floor.

Oh I didn't notice there were no sides. But yes without side poop will end up on the floor.

On the bottom is gonna be fleece and the top where the sides are is where her bedding is gonna be... and... in case you didn't notice, the coroplast is longer and wider than the cage itself, so is that gonna be slippery and then will it slide?

@piggsters, you've already got one thread on this cage subject. I'm closing this one and merging the two threads. Please do not open more than one thread per subject.

Oh, ok, I didn't know. And before I read this post I was wondering why the other thread ended and this one started.

By the way, is there anyway I can change the title on a thread?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.