Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Funny stories of your pigs?

lexeelayne

Cavy Slave
I would like to hear funny/silly stories of your piggies!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My apartment was due for yearly inspection on the 16th and after the inspector came through and checked the smoke detectors, he asked if those were guinea pigs in the bedroom. I told him yes and he asked me if I shear them and spin their fur into yarn. I was tempted to give hi a sarcastic answer like "Of course I shear them; short-hair guinea pig fur makes the plushiest sweaters." lol

Last year, I gave the pigs zucchini to try. The first time they ate a little of it. The second time, I came home and found this:
zucchini.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was Mable that did that lol

piggsters

Cavy Slave
When I expanded my cage a year ago, my piggy was so used to the cage wall being close to her pigloo. She likes to move it against the wall when she's getting comfy. Since her pigloo was far away from the wall, she kept pushing it and was confused why it didn't hit the wall. She came out of there and was completely shocked at how far she was from the wall. She grabbed it with her teeth and pulled it over to the wall.

lexeelayne

Cavy Slave
Hahaha I love both of them!!!

Bodhi

Cavy Slave
It was getting dark and the guinea pig family was settled in for the night. There was no movement, no noise, nothing. It was the calmest, quietest place and I had just finished fixing the cage so I decided to read a book. All the piggies were snooked in their hideys so I peacefully read a couple chapters.

Getting tired myself, I thought it best to shut the book and put it aside. But when I got up the book started crinkling. I hadn't considered that the book was protected by a layer of plastic. I thought I might be able to close the book and sneak out, but the book crinkled again. The piggies were awake, and started yelling loudly for something to eat.

piggsters

Cavy Slave
HA! So cute!

lexeelayne

Cavy Slave

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
When I first got Maple I hand fed her to work on bonding with her so I picked up a cherry tomato and held it out for her to take it. She yanked it out of my hand and then dropped it I picked the tomato up and held it out for her again and she did the same thing take it, and then drop it she did this same thing about five other times until she just took it into her pigloo! I think she was taking a bite out of it while holding it in her mouth but not realizing that every time it fell.

Bodhi

Cavy Slave
That is funny. Guinea pigs sometimes get preoccupied with taking the food rather than holding onto it. I have a pig who will take bites off a carrot I hold out. Another always tries to yank it away.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
My Mom was playing with Ferb on the sofa and she didn't move the remote off or put down the crib pad like I usually do. The next time I picked up the cable TV remote Ferb had peed on it without anyone noticing and piggie pee started pouring out from behind all of the buttons. I was screaming and laughing because piggie pee was running down my hand and all over the place. I Lysol wiped the heck out of that remote, somehow it still works fine.

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
o dear ryman that is funny :D

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Who doesn't have a funny story?? Pigs are hilarious. I have very serious pigs and down right funny ones. Chicken is always my clown and can make me laugh, but the other night, little Huckleberry who is only 5 weeks old was sleeping all by himself in the fleece forest. Like being shot out of a gun, he came flying out the forest, squeaking so hard his ears were moving (flapping) back and forth. He must have woke up and realized he was having a dream, went in the grass tunnel, stretched out and went back to sleep. Neither other boy came out to help him!!! Poor baby

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
this thread is making me laugh... :D

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
Every night at about 10pm when I am getting ready for work Kiwi does zoomies around the cage. When she first started doing it she freaked Pancake and Penelope out and they would always scatter to the nearest hiding spots. Now they are used to it and it is almost like they roll their little piggy eyes and say, "Here we go again. She's running her laps." They go on about their activities and make her go around them. Maybe it's one of those "you have to be there" things, but I find it funny.

lexeelayne

Cavy Slave
Aww all of these stories are making me laugh I love them!!! And I love all of your guys' piggies names they're adorable!

Lovely_Weekers

Cavy Slave
About a year ago before I got Macchi a friend, he was living in a 2x3 with a stand by himself. He was young, not even 6 months old and he used to popcorn and run around all crazy all of the time. I have a mini dachshund, Dunkin who loves to watch my pigs (he can't reach them, if he stands on his hind legs he can just reach over the coro to see in) and he was just a pup at the time and he would get really excited to see Macchi popcorning and running, and stand up on the cage to see in.

This day, Macchi was full of himself, running and popcorning like crazy. Dunkin came up to the cage and stood up to watch Macchi as usual, and he barked at Macchi (Macchi grew up with Dunkin, he is never phased by the noises the dog makes). Macchi, being the little bugger that he is, ran right to the edge of the coro and chomped right down on the dog's nose! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen, and now Dunkin has a healthy respect for Macchi, and doesn't put his nose through the cubes anymore lol.

lexeelayne

Cavy Slave
@Lovely_Weekers thats so funny i also have a mini dachshund who is obsessed with putting her nose in the cage!!

prettynyguen

Cavy Slave
my little jelly bean likes to waddle around his cage, carrying his pigloo on his back. my husband says he should have been a turtle.

lexeelayne

Cavy Slave
@prettynyguen "They said I could become anything I wanted, so I became a turtle"

piggsters

Cavy Slave
@prettynyguen "They said I could become anything I wanted, so I became a turtle"

I literally laughed out loud while reading this, then my piggy started squeaking at me almost as if she was telling me to shut up.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.