Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy My sow pregnant by her son

today, I feel very sad.
two of meri's babies passed away.
I don''t know what causes it.
When I'm home from lunch, I found them died, hard as rock,
besides their mom.
the other (white-brown-black) still looks healthy. still get nurse from Meri.
I've burried them, pray they will happy at rainbow bridge

Last edited:
Awww that's too bad. They are so precious and ready to roll when born. So happy that one survived. Hope all goes well

Thank you Mama'sboys :)I hope they'll happy there, now and forever,
with lot of hay, veggies and other piggies

I'm so sorry to hear about the two babies. The little innocents will be happy across the rainbow bridge.

I think you are doing a good job trying to learn and find out what to do with mom and baby. If the baby
is a boar, you must separate him from mom at 21 days or he could get his mommy pregnant. Please keep asking questions so people can give you the benefit of their experience with babies.

I'm so sorry to hear about the two babies. The little innocents will be happy across the rainbow bridge.

I think you are doing a good job trying to learn and find out what to do with mom and baby. If the baby
is a boar, you must separate him from mom at 21 days or he could get his mommy pregnant. Please keep asking questions so people can give you the benefit of their experience with babies.
Thank you Cogni :)
yes, when Meri has a son, I separated them when they're 20 days
when this little one sweet baby was a boar, I'' separated them quickly :)

I am so sorry about the little ones.

I'm so sorry to hear about your babies. Please keep us updated on your mommy and little one.

I'm so sorry to hear about your babies. Please keep us updated on your mommy and little one.
thank you Hhbeanat last thursday (1 week old), the little one weight is about 100 gr.now she/he also eat hay (I give alfalfa).But I'm little afraid, since I also give alfalfa hay for the baby, there's a possibility for the mommy to eat this hay.so I give alfalfa hay 3 times a week.he/she eat small amount of veggiesI'm very happy to know it :)

I'm not sure about this but I do think it's O.K. to give the nursing mommy pig the alfalfa hay. You might want to start a new post and get feed back from the more knowledgable people on here.

Yes its ok for the nursing mom to get alfalfa for the 21 days. The pup needs alfalfa as well. I think most people do alfalfa pellets and timothy hay instead of alfalfa hay and tim pellets.

It is not fine, or to be encouraged. It is still a risk, as Rhyue's posts explains.

but what can we do when she is ALREADY pregnant?
it is not fine if she is trying to get her sow pregnant, but the fact is she is already pregnant, and it was an accident. what can we do? i did not encourage anyone to make their sow get pregnant. we can only hope for the best. also, i'm just trying to tell her that it is not a disaster that her sow got pregnant by her son.
i know all the risks and what to do when their is a pregnant sow. i just want to make sure you did not misunderstood me.

sorry for your lost. at least they felt your love when they are here.

I'm not sure about this but I do think it's O.K. to give the nursing mommy pig the alfalfa hay. You might want to start a new post and get feed back from the more knowledgable people on here.
thank you Hhbean,
You might be right,, I should start a new post about it :)

Yes its ok for the nursing mom to get alfalfa for the 21 days. The pup needs alfalfa as well. I think most people do alfalfa pellets and timothy hay instead of alfalfa hay and tim pellets.
thanks for the information Onetwo :)

sorry for your lost. at least they felt your love when they are here.
Thank you PIGGYandCHILLI :)
I hope the last one can grow old like his mother :)

You can supplement with alfalfa hay if you feed timothy pellets. You'd still need to feed grass hay (timothy, orchard, etc).

You can supplement with alfalfa hay if you feed timothy pellets. You'd still need to feed grass hay (timothy, orchard, etc).
Yes lissie :)
I give them pellet, orchard grass for mommy, and alfalfa hay for the baby

Cute kids, my prayers will be with them and their mom and dad a LONG and HAPPY HEALTHY LIFE.:cool:

Cute kids, my prayers will be with them and their mom and dad a LONG and HAPPY HEALTHY LIFE.:cool:
Thanks for your pray 4theLOVEofPigs :)

The babies need grass hay too.
Alfalfa is just a supplement.
oh yes lissie.
I always provide orchard hay (I also used timothy) in their cage.
for alfalafa hay, I put it inside their hidey.
sometimes the baby eat orchard hay too :)

but what can we do when she is ALREADY pregnant?
it is not fine if she is trying to get her sow pregnant, but the fact is she is already pregnant, and it was an accident. what can we do? i did not encourage anyone to make their sow get pregnant. we can only hope for the best. also, i'm just trying to tell her that it is not a disaster that her sow got pregnant by her son.
i know all the risks and what to do when their is a pregnant sow. i just want to make sure you did not misunderstood me.

Prehaps I did misunderstand you, but thats the point - your post was open to misunderstandings from other members who may read it in the future. As a moderator I feel it's important to clarify posts that could be taken either way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.