Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Guinea Pig Injury, Help!

@PeanutnCookie, the problem isn't that the vitamin C dissolves. Those drops that @PiggieLove13 mentioned are already dissolved. It's that vitamin C in solution loses its potency as soon as it's exposed to light. That's why it's no good in water bottles.

The Oasis drops are in an light-proof bottle, so they're ok. But NOT if @PiggieLove13 follows the instructions on the bottle and puts them in the water bottle. They should either be diluted with a couple of cc's of water and given by syringe, or sprinkled over the fresh veggies.

@bpatters that's what I meant I just couldn't remember exactly, thanks.

The directions said an alternative is putting some drops onto the food, does this work? This is what I have been doing, she didn't like it in the water anyway.

or sprinkled over the fresh veggies.
@PiggieLove13, please read the posts where people have answered you before asking again. I already answered that question before you asked.

Oops, sorry. Alright thanks, I will continue to do that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.