Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Toys

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
What kind of toys should I get my two guinea pigs. I want some toys because one of my guinea pigs is pregnant so she can't play with the other one (accidentle litter) and I don't want her to be bored during floor time.

elf222

Cavy Slave
You can probably use things you have at home. I made a tunnel out of a grid and lined it with fleece. Elvis enjoys cardboard boxes and paper bags quite a bit. I bought him one toy he really likes -- it's a little wooden cage with a ball inside. He picks it up with his mouth and tosses it around. I need to get to home depot and get him some tubing to run through. He loves tunnels.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Okay thanks @elf22. I made my piggies some tunnels from cardboard and they love it. Zooming around in their playpen for floor time and popcorning. And maybe I'll get some tubing tunnels to. Do you know where I can get fleece?

elf222

Cavy Slave
You can get it at any fabric store. Do you have Joanne's? If you want to use the fleece as bedding you need to wash it to make it wick (you can find instructions somewhere on this site) but I am just using some fleece scraps I had around to line the sides of the tunnel so I didn't prep it in that way.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah I just want it make stuff. My girls like to borrow so ill just keep regular bedding @elf222

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.