Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Is it too small/cramped?

Wheekers135

Cavy Slave
Is this cage too small? It is a 2x5 with two boars (one is in the pigloo). Also would it be too cramped if I added a loft? I just feel like there isn't enough room for them to run and popcorn. Also don't worry, I filled their hay balls up after I took this picture and their cage gets cleaned tomorrow

Here is another view

I have my boars in 2x5s as well and they seem to love it! The bigger the better but if you only have a 2x5 that's great!

Oh, and I don't have a loft so I'm not losing any space for a ramp. I couldn't get them to use ramps so I removed it lol

It looks fine to me.

Ok thanks guys. I guess I just needed a little reassurance :)

I have two sets of boars, each are in a 2x5. Looks great

This is what I am thinking of doing for my loft. sorry my handwriting is terrible. I was doing it on my phone. So the black square is the current cage and the red is what I want to add. It would be a 2x2 loft with a ramp leading up/down and another ramp sorta thing which would be a tunnel out of bent grids leading across the cage and then a little ramp leading to the bottom. Do you think this is good? Would it make it too cramped? Opinions please :)

I personally think you really only need one ramp, if you make it wide enough they can both use it. I have something similar but with two catwalks and two lofts so they have a racetrack around the top of the cage.

Is it too small/cramped?

@Traysea, is swear your cage gets more and more adorable every time I see a pic of it! Absolutely love the heart pad!

That looks plenty spacious to me, but I would encourage you to swap out the pigloos for a fleece forest, or footstool. Single entrance hideys often make for some scuffles where there doesn't need to be any.

Ya know, to me it feels a bit cramped these days with the upper level this low. They seem happy enough but, I'd really like to go up to full loft height with the whole thing. Especially since it's harder to see them with the top level blocking the view. They do use every inch of the cage though!

@Traysea wanted to brag to you about hand sewing my first pee pad yesterday. Not putting pics up as yours would put my plain-jane pads to shame! But they're functional and hold quite well for hand sewn ones.

It's not like I go out and weave or paint the fleece, I just buy it that way LOL Honestly I could sit here all day and point out flaws in my liners. They are for pooping on anyway LOL I had to make some plain jane liners today (check my addicted to fleece post in the fleece section) and I completely botched one of my cat walk pads. I have no idea how I did it but I totally messed it up. It's still functional, but it's by far NOT my best work. LOL P

Please post your creation in the addicted to fleece post!! I want to see it!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.