Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets city farmers pellets--are they okay?

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
:D Recently I have been trying to find good pellets in my area that are good for guinea pigs. I found some at City farmers (pet supplies store) and asked what the ingredients were. Before I consider buying them can any one tell me, based on the ingriedients below, if they are good for guinea pigs?

· Barley, Sorghum, Wheat, Bran, Pollard ,Soybean Meal, Canola Meal, Cottonsead Meal, Molasses, Vegetable Oil, Limestone, Dicalcium phosphate, Salt, Choline, Vitamin & mineral premix

aspecht

Cavy Slave
Do you have a link to the exact ingredient? What is the brand of them?

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
No, those are not good pellets.
The first ingredient should be Timothy hay so based on that fact alone, I would not use those pellets.

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
Do you have a link to the exact ingredient? What is the brand of them?

No, I had to ask using thier customer support. It is from the shop City farmers and is called City Farmers Rabbit & Guinea Pig Pellets. I think the manufacturer is Breeders Choice Seeds.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Just for reference: (broken link removed)

The most suitable pellets you can get in Australia are Oxbow brand. They're expensive, because they're imported, but I think it's worth it. Breeder's Choice isn't a very good brand for guinea pig and rabbit food.

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
Just for reference: (broken link removed)

The most suitable pellets you can get in Australia are Oxbow brand. They're expensive, because they're imported, but I think it's worth it. Breeder's Choice isn't a very good brand for guinea pig and rabbit food.
Thank you!! :Di think i will get Ox bow

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I agree, definitely not a good looking brand. The fact that they are marketing them for RABBITS and GUINEA PIGS makes me wonder. Rabbits and guinea pigs have different nutrient needs. Also, there's a couple ingredients that are questionable. I agree, try to stick with Oxbow9

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.