Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Why and what do you love about your pigs?

mellbutler

Cavy Slave
Just what about it is with these little guys? For me I just love how much they expresse themselves. The wheeks, and rubmbles and of course the occasional popcorning. I love that they are generally happy to just be held and hang out with you. They don't bit and are not nocturnal. They are also quite amusing to watch as a herd. You don't get that with doggs or cats really. So it's neat to see how they get along. Of course they are cute are furry.

I am curious how you feel in love with your pigs and what you love about them.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
They are fat, round balls of fur with nubby legs. It doesn't get much cuter than that!

I also love how silly they are. Watching them play around in their cages is better than television! Some of the cute, silly things mine do:

-Try to steal food out of each others mouths
- When one pig is in a fleece tunnel, another thinks it's a pillow.
- when two pigs try to fit into one tunnel, but clearly can't fit
- Just a few moments ago my Numa was nibbling an itch on his back, then lost his balance and rolled over partially
- Buttercup often gets knocked off while dominating Numa. He gets sour afterwards and rumbles his way into a hidey house.
- My Erebos whimpers like a dog when he hears me open the pellet container

They're so small and helpless that it really brings the motherly, protective side out of me. I've heard the reasons why we think animals like piggies are cute is because certain traits remind us of human babies. Their round bodies, for example.

mellbutler

Cavy Slave
They are fat, round balls of fur with nubby legs. It doesn't get much cuter than that!

I also love how silly they are. Watching them play around in their cages is better than television! Some of the cute, silly things mine do:

-Try to steal food out of each others mouths
- When one pig is in a fleece tunnel, another thinks it's a pillow.
- when two pigs try to fit into one tunnel, but clearly can't fit
- Just a few moments ago my Numa was nibbling an itch on his back, then lost his balance and rolled over partially
- Buttercup often gets knocked off while dominating Numa. He gets sour afterwards and rumbles his way into a hidey house.
- My Erebos whimpers like a dog when he hears me open the pellet container

They're so small and helpless that it really brings the motherly, protective side out of me. I've heard the reasons why we think animals like piggies are cute is because certain traits remind us of human babies. Their round bodies, for example.

Love it! THey do bring out a mothering don't they? I never really thought of it like that.

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Everything :D
I can watch them going about their business for hours

CavyLover1234

Cavy Slave
I also love everything about my pigs.

The way Asha just plops down and goes to sleep when Puff tries to dominate her. (Puff gets disappointed)
The way they run mad zoomies around the cage together.
When they smell good food and are biting the cage bars... drooling.
The way they put a lot of effort into their popcorns when I put a big pile of hay in the cage.
The way Asha sniffs the roof on the tall hiddie .
And many more. :)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I love how when I take George out for lap time (which is usually actually 'stomach time') he almost always immediately lays down and takes a nap on me for a little bit. And when he wakes up he has a habit of yawning directly in my face then walking a little closer and licking my nose/lips. It's soo cute. lol
And sometimes he'll like scratch his back while he's on the side of my tummy (not sure if he's scratching or just cleaning his fur cause he uses his mouth) and since he's on the side of my tummy he's a lil off balance and he'll roll over. haha :D

I also really love how when he's still in his cage, he'll let me pet under his chin. It's so soft. For some reason he won't let me do this while I have him out.
He purrs all the time too, which I still get all giddy about. :)

SingMeAHarmony

Cavy Slave
I love that when I take out the pellet container, my piggy gets silent for a few moments then breaks out in a series of loud sqeaks. When I am changing his tomothy basket, he runs around and around his cage, popcorning in excitement. Gets me every time:)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
When I am changing his tomothy basket, he runs around and around his cage, popcorning in excitement. Gets me every time:)

Haha how cute! George will always run right up to the hay rack while I'm refilling it and usually gets hay all over his face. He's so impatient. lol

SingMeAHarmony

Cavy Slave
Haha how cute! George will always run right up to the hay rack while I'm refilling it and usually gets hay all over his face. He's so impatient. lol

Haha, same here! He always watches me to make sure I'm doing it right when I'm taking the rack on/off. And, when I do finally put the rack on, he takes out all the hay and spreads it over his entire cage. Annoying, but he always ends up eating it all:)

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Haha, same here! He always watches me to make sure I'm doing it right when I'm taking the rack on/off. And, when I do finally put the rack on, he takes out all the hay and spreads it over his entire cage. Annoying, but he always ends up eating it all:)

At least he eats it all! George does the same thing except he really only likes to eat the little flowery stuff (not sure what it's called) that's in it. The stems he uses as a bedding/toilet in his kitchen area. lol

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
My pigs are always happy to see me, no matter how bad of a day I've had. When I pick Flora up, she blabs away, and snuggles up under my chin. Fenella has to make a tunnel under the hay...it's in a large dish, mind you...and she zooms around the enclosure in the mornings. Philomena purrs when I hold her. That's good, because she's my scaredy-pig.

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
I also love how expressive they are! Bert never stops talking to himself, especially when he's excited. He chuts and chuts and squeaks as he hops around. He's the scaredy pig, prefers to hide. Then there's Bernie, who is so bold. I stick my head in their cage to say hi and he comes right out to touch noses with me. He prefers to lounge on my chest where he can check everything out. I guess you could say I love how different my boys are!

mellbutler

Cavy Slave
My pigs are always happy to see me, no matter how bad of a day I've had. When I pick Flora up, she blabs away, and snuggles up under my chin. Fenella has to make a tunnel under the hay...it's in a large dish, mind you...and she zooms around the enclosure in the mornings. Philomena purrs when I hold her. That's good, because she's my scaredy-pig.
Love this...me too! Whenever I'm in a mood I get a pig. There is something about them that just brightens me up. I have even thaught my girls when they are hurting ot upset, to go get a pig. They are such sweet little angels disguised with fur.=)

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
How could I forget! I love when they push their houses out of the way with their heads like it's no big deal.

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
Popcorning!

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Yes, Indeedy. we just watched a movie with Fenella on my lap. She was all stretched out, and went to sleep with a back foot sticking out.

mellbutler

Cavy Slave
I love when they lay on their sides and back feet come out! Look what my hubby caought our fluffy doing today Why and what do you love about your pigs?

Sorry not a great pic, but I love it when they borrow in the hay

squishycar

Cavy Slave
I love her cute little happy sounds! That wasthe reason I picked her. She gets to happy when it's time for noms. She's learned when I'm making her salad and wheeks loudly at me. She loves to be held and snuggles up to my neck. She's so sweet!

bubblepig

Cavy Slave
Their adorableness! Maple
-Will snatch her apple chews right from my hand.
-WHEEKING!!!!!
-She wheeked in her sleep! N'aww.

I just cannot WAIT until I find a companion for her. Hopefully,I'll find one before Christmas. :eek:

mellbutler

Cavy Slave
Mine will also wheek and squalk when the need something...like if they happen to run out of water and I walk by they go nuts...or when i walk in the door and I "piggies" and they get secited and wheek. What could be better to come home to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.