Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nails/Nail Trimming New to guinea pigs and have some care questions....

CourtsCritters

Cavy Slave
How often should I weight the guinea pigs and how often should I trim their nails?

Thanks!

Weigh them weekly and keep record of their weight each week. A drop in weight can signal illness where no other symptoms have presented yet. There are different schools of thought on how often to trim nails. Do it regularly (maybe once/month) to keep them from curling under and back into their pads.

Weigh them weekly and keep record of their weight each week. A drop in weight can signal illness where no other symptoms have presented yet. There are different schools of thought on how often to trim nails. Do it regularly (maybe once/month) to keep them from curling under and back into their pads.

Thank you so much! Do you just use a kitchen scale?

yep, just a kitchen scale. I recommend getting one that will measure up to 2000grams. we had to but a new one, because ours only measured up to 1000g, and Peanut is over a kilo now.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

yep, just a kitchen scale. I recommend getting one that will measure up to 2000grams. we had to but a new one, because ours only measured up to 1000g, and Peanut is over a kilo now.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Okay thank you! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.