Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hurricane Sandy

LithiumRiot

Cavy Slave
our neighborhood is flooded now, and the wind and rain broke one of our windows, our sun-room is flooding. we are on shifts of mopping up the sunroom.

Good luck with everything <3 Stay safe!

iadoremypiggies

Cavy Slave
I live in Baltimore, Maryland. We're basically right in the middle of it. I have evacuation plans for my piggies, water bottles, and flashlights. lol. I am taking no chances after some serious floods I have seen. I have a bag with copies of all of my sons pictures in it ready to be grabbed too. I hope it doesn't get too crazy. :(

pixiebells

Cavy Slave
I wish you all the best of luck and hope you all stay safe!

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
@pixiebells - what exactly is your avatar? it looks a little mice spewing from the mouth of a guinea pig. . .:sad:

mwhit2101

Cavy Slave
I'm in Michigan, so no, not going to but i have an old friend in Delaware! :-( keep safe!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Hope everyone who is in the storm is doing well!

mwhit2101

Cavy Slave

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Thinking of you all and feeling very glad I don't have to deal with that kind of thing where I live. Stay safe everyone.

Guineapigpigs

Cavy Slave
I don't think we are going to get it up here in Washington. At least, I hope not. But I wish everyone that is getting hit right now and their piggies ( and other animals! ) are okay.

I wish you all the best of luck!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Prayers and good wishes going out to everyone affected by the storm. As a Floridian, I'm especially sympathetic to hurricanes. I was here for Charlie, Frances, and Jean, so I know the damage they can do. May all of you and your piggies stay safe!

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave
So I had to leave where I was living on Friday. Originally I was living as the Jersey shore at my parents shore house while I was a college, but Friday they said they wanted everybody out by Saturday and the house is on the water. So I packed everything and left after my parents had some down to get the boat out of the water and lift everything up.

So yeah, form the news its already terrible at the shore and the storm isn't even fully here yet. Places like Wildwood and Ocean City are underwater already with docks and boardwalks being torn apart, so most likely the house I was living at is going to get flooded.

kananaka

Cavy Slave
Gl all. Possessions can be replaced but loved ones can not. Hope you all come out ok! Keep us posted.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Wow, scary! So glad I live in England :eek: I hope you are all okay. It might be worth making a mini C&C if you didn't have a carry case for the pigs. Good luck all!<3

HappyHopperz

Cavy Slave
Saw on the news that it was pretty bad today. :/ I live in Minnesota but my aunt, uncle and cousins in Pennsylvania are also going through it. Good luck to everyone + stay safe!

pinky

Cavy Slave
There were surfers on Lake Michigan in downtown Chicago this evening. They closed the paths near the lake and said they might close Lake Shore Drive if it floods. They've had 60 mph winds near the lake.

Lisa21264

Cavy Slave
We had a brush with hurricane Sandy earlier this week. My sister is on Long Island and my brother is in Boston. So my family is affected. I hope everything is going to be all right. To everyone affected stay safe and i'm sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
We just bought a new house and moved in about a day ago. We've gotten quite a bit of damage. First our basement flooded because the drain for the outside doors was clogged and we didn't notice. Next we had a drip in hallway where my and the pigs room is. Now everytime I walk out, I get a big wet drop on the head. Then the wall to the finished room in the basement has been flooded, and the carpet is soaking. And last but not least, a big chunk of metal that's meant to protect the shingles from water damage has be torn off. Though I'm sure some people had it better, I know for a fact some people had it much worse, I'm just happy we are all safe and sound.

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
All I can say is I have been glued to the CNN. I just can't believe all the destruction. I think of all the people and the pets that are either in shelters or that are in there own home with no power.. As I said before BEST WISHES TO ALL AND THERE PETS.

Lord_aperture

Cavy Slave
Bad news, really bad news.
The house I was living at, at the shore. Was apparently flooded with over 4ft of water. Our neighbor just told us his house is a loss and there is someones boat in our driveway. Im heading down tomorrow moring to see how bad it really is.

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
What terrible news! I hope its alright for everybody!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.