Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hurricane Ike

we got in touch with her. she is out of gas but the sonic down the road has power so she can get food. i dont know how much dog food she has ... she was trying to find a gas can the last time i heard from her. ill try again in a second.. her phone went straight to voice mail.

WOOT!

We have power. I'm so glad. No more cold showers.

Unfortunatly, we lost all the food in the fridges and freezer.

My mother has still not been able to get ahold of FEMA about her house..

Is everyone else that was in the storm's path ok?

WOOT!

We have power. I'm so glad. No more cold showers.

Unfortunatly, we lost all the food in the fridges and freezer.

My mother has still not been able to get ahold of FEMA about her house..

Is everyone else that was in the storm's path ok?

So glad your ok! been thinking about you and the ratties, bird and dogs and relatives. Here's hoping it will pass!

Glad everyone is ok.

If anyone's noticed, I've been gone for about a week. I had both Post and State meetings for AmVets on Saturday so was gone all day. During the night, Saturday night, we got hit by tropical storm Ike which took our power and downed a lot of trees, limbs and electric poles. We were without power from around 4:30 am Sunday morning until about 10:40 am Tuesday morning. Then when the power came back on it surged our dsl modem and we didn't know it until yesterday (was gone all day Tuesday and Wednesday) when the dsl still wouldn't come back up. I called the phone company and they came out. So now with another dsl modem, I'm finally back.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.