Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bathing Wipes vs bathing ~Bad mama alert....

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
Things have been crazy hectic for about 4 weeks in our household. The boys haven't really suffered for it and I have been trying to make sure their cage is clean, fresh water, unlimited hay, plenty of veggies and their little bowl of pellets. Anyway, last week I was on call and literally was on scene every single night so there wasn't much time for anything. Annika broke her arm 4 weeks ago so she is in a full arm cast and unable really to do much to help as far as cleaning. Well Popcorn seems a little dirty from the upper loft being soiled I believe. Is there a way to clean the boys without a full blown bath? I am a nervous wreck thinking about giving these two baths because I don't want something to happen to them.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Baths are fine, but you can also plop their butts in a basin of warm water, wash with a wash cloth, and then dry them off well.

miniver

Cavy Slave
I spot clean my girls a few wash cloths and a bit of their shampoo. A tiny bit of shampoo on a damp cloth will wipe off most of the dirt (=a home made, piggy-safe wet wipe). Then wipe off the shampoo with a clean damp cloth. A quick rub with a dry towel and their good to go.

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
@bpatters and @miniver do you use the Kaytee squeaky clean for GP and rabbits or do you use something else? I actually got them cleaned off with a bit of warm water on a cloth but if they get really filthy just figure I need to know what shampoo to go ahead and have on hand.

miniver

Cavy Slave
I use Orange A Peel pet shampoo but I only spot clean. I've never given them a bath.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.