Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Does anyone sleep with their pigs?

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
A few nights ago Darwynn was helping me to finish some work and i fell asleep with him on me. When I woke up, he was sleeping peacefully in the crook of my arm. I found he had pooped in the corner on his towel......Does this happen to anyone else?

I'd be very afraid to sleep with a pig. They startle easily and have very poor vision, so they could launch themselves off your bed and get badly hurt. That's not even considering what would happen to one if you rolled over on it.

I used to nap with Fiji all the time, my first pig back in college. But in retrospect I pretty much did everything wrong with her. I'd never do it now.

I'm a very rough sleeper and I toss and turn in my sleep :rolleyes: so I make sure not to fall asleep.

Personally I'd never sleep with my girls, I'd be too scared of what would happen if I rolled over. I have a mattress on the floor so them jumping off isn't really an issue, but I'm getting a bad base soon so I'll have to factor that in to snuggle time too soon!

I haven't, nor will I ever sleep with my pigs. I would be way too worried I would roll on to them. Couch cuddles are awesome though <3

i dont sleep with chock in case i squash him

I was thinking the same thing. It would be horrible to squish someone. I too am a rough sleeper sometimes, and i was relieved to find him unscathed.

When I have them upstairs with me and I start feeling tired I always take them down stairs and put them in the cage. I would hate to roll over one of them.

I would never sleep with my pigs. It's just too dangerous.

I don't. Mine wiggle too much and Id be terrified if I rolled over and he suffocated or something. Even if I fell asleep they would crawl out of my arms or something.

I don't. Mine wiggle too much and Id be terrified if I rolled over and he suffocated or something. Even if I fell asleep they would crawl out of my arms or something.

Like most of our piggies, mine like to burrow under things when they get scared so I would be affraid they would try to get under a sheet or something and when I got up they would go flying.

Like most of our piggies, mine like to burrow under things when they get scared so I would be affraid they would try to get under a sheet or something and when I got up they would go flying.
Mine like to burrow too. I gave them a blanket in their playpen and the started to stick their heads in and out. It was adorable. Yet they never burrow on my lap..

I haven't tried that and I don't think I will, I toss and turn a lot when I sleep. Also, my pigs like walking on my bed and exploring the fabrics, so it would be scary if I fell asleep and they fell of all of a sudden!

My pigs aren't allowed in my bed, but I've never even dozed on the couch with them. They both can get off the couch with out jumping (they scoot to the edge and stretch to the floor) and I'd be terrified of where they'd end up. Or worse, forgetting they were cuddling and sending them flying when I sat up.

Mine would definitely jump off my bad as soon as I fell a sleep an lord knows whete they would end up.

I've never taken Ferb upstairs so he hasn't seen my bed. I worry he would jump or fall off and if I fell asleep I would probably roll over on him or he would get stuck in the blankets and suffocate.

I ruined my ankle over summer, and I was on some pretty strong pain relievers so I was drained for 3 days, and on the first day i fell asleep on the recliner with Nala snuggled on my chest. We both fell asleep for about three hours and I had a chest covered in piggy pee! Hahaha!!! I haven't fallen asleep with them since.

I ruined my ankle over summer, and I was on some pretty strong pain relievers so I was drained for 3 days, and on the first day i fell asleep on the recliner with Nala snuggled on my chest. We both fell asleep for about three hours and I had a chest covered in piggy pee! Hahaha!!! I haven't fallen asleep with them since.

Yes that would probably prevent me from falling a sleep with a guinea pig on me as well.

i sleep in the livingroom with my pigs and dog

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.