Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Annoyed at digging under fleece

whistlepig

Cavy Slave
I've switched to new puppy pads under the fleece, and the boys constantly find the need to dig up the fleece and chew them. The fleece isn't large enough to clip over the cage edges, and i don't feel like buying more anytime soon. they never chewed the old pads, what could possibly be making them want these? also, any solutions to laying flat, but keeping the pigs from pulling it up to chew the pads?

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
I do not know this for a fact, but I read here and on amazon that some (not all) puppy pads have some type of scent in them to attract the dogs so they are more likely to pee on them.
I don't know if this is the case with your puppy pads but it's possible they have some type of scent that is attracting the pigs.

Otherwise, I think some pigs are just prone to digging (I have one) and I just toss a smaller piece of fleece in his cage for him to burrow under and it helps 'sometimes.'

Also check out @Onetwo 's solution to this-it really works! I finally got mine done last weekend and they are awesome!
https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...weaking-testing-my-cage-liners-check-out.html
Good luck

whistlepig

Cavy Slave
gah lol i come home from school, everything is intact. i start my homework, and they start making a mess! DRIVING ME NUTS

whistlepig

Cavy Slave
problem solved! for now. the fleece, fortunately, is long enough to reach both edges of the cage one way. i am definitely switching back to the old pads. thanks!

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I know my girls used to burrow but them I gave then a fleece tunnel and they were all cool. The dug in the tunnel when they wanted to but didn't touch the fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.